I raced dirt for several years and absolutely love it.. still may return. Dirt racing has some issues though...

1. Cost.. it is not the cost of the car, or the racing, but the cost of the engines. Even the lowest slowest stock car classes are now running $10,000 engines if you want to be competitive.
2. Time... You work on the car non-stop, Sunday through Saturday, to do it all over again the next week.

CMC was a great class that you could race with an inexpensive car and be competitive. Initially I started racing CMC in a car I spent roughly $8,500 building and it was competitive, albeit a budget built car. Even factoring in traveling and registrations, I was still spending half of what I was spending racing dirt with the track within 10 miles of my house.

I personally feel, CMC has moved away from the original intent and is getting too costly as well, but it still cheaper than most other types of racing.

I never karted, but looks fun... but for me still a travel to anyplace.

I have rented Legends cars and had a blast.... even slightly considered buying in, but after talking with some folks the issues of torn up cars and Miata like engine builds made me decide not too look much farther into it.

I might would consider Spec Corvette, but haven't dug much into those cars yet either.