Quote Originally Posted by Pranav View Post
For CMC it's easy, NASA keeps in inventory factory tune LT1, TPI, LS1, and 5.0 ECUs that will run any legal CMC car on grid. We're talking about maybe $1k in investment MAX.

The hard part is the 4.6 ECU since the allowance for tuning out emissions allows for removal of certain sensors/wires which would cause a stock tune ECM to not run right (Kevin can clarify), so maybe buy two and tune out emissions on one?

Once you have the ability to completely change the ECU, at that point you are inspecting for physical defeats like wiring anomalies and disconnected or fake resistor sensors.

Bryan and I have had this discussion, and it remains to be determined if the factory knock strategy on LS1s and possibly even LT1s are holding us back vs the 5.0 cars. We can dyno all we want and produce the right number, but rattling around on track there's no telling if we are getting knock and pull back on timing unless once one of us starts collecting some real data off the OBD. I know the street/tuner route is to tune out the knock sensors entirely.

For AI, no clue, yet another reason why I won't jump in that $$$ box anytime soon. Once you have an ECU that can detect wheel speed you can go full volkswagen if you want.
Not sure it’s that simple. The stock tune for ‘99 ls1 is different than for a ‘02 for example. You’d have to have tunes that worked for every year engine and any legal combination of parts and sensors. Then you’d have to verify that no sensors have been jacked with.