Quote Originally Posted by Al Fernandez View Post
Ok...so we know that modern cars ridiculously easy to tune. What do we do about it? How do we go about ensuring drivers are actually in a fair dogfight? Personally, I feel the very fabric of amateur racing is at stake and I know people much much smarter than I in this very group can come up with ideas and suggestions for NASA on this issue. So...thoughts?
Al,

Did you see something in CMC at nationals that makes you think we have an issue in CMC? Maybe more random hood/OBD port sealing would provide the answer but I don't see that anyone in CMC in our area that looks to have more power than the next guy. At COTA two years ago before my engine went down on power BL (the 24) and I went lap after lap down the long straight with my car only making 246/292 and BL making very close to the CMC numbers (I can't remember exactly) and until I had to shift into fifth we were almost dead even. I personally do not believe anyone in our group is winning or out running the 55 because they are making more than 260/310. We get beat by better drivers that spend more time at the track and on the car than we do. I understand the AI issue from last weekend and if someone want to cheat they will find a way. What am I missing? Are there CMC guys thinking they are getting beat by cars with over the limit power? Maybe random dyno pulls and if a guy bust the numbers he is gone for the season?

Jerry