Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NOLA Oct 19-20

NOLA Oct 19-20

Who is going? I looked at the signup sheet this morning and there is no one from Tx AI or CMC so far... I want to go!
    Al Fernandez

Quote Originally Posted by Al Fernandez View Post
    Who is going? I looked at the signup sheet this morning and there is no one from Tx AI or CMC so far... I want to go!
    Planning on it. Is it listed under TX yet? I wasn't sure if it was gonna be part of the season.

- Josh
    Last edited by Sook; 09-30-2019 at 11:02 AM.
    CMC #50

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    I'm planning to go.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blk96gt View Post
    I'm planning to go.
    I’ve decided to go...I enjoy that track. Going to cobble my harness together and run old tires and just try to have fun!
    Daniel Records
    CMC # 34

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    I'm going to hype up this event a bit by pointing out that, for the first time in a while, there is a tight battle for the CMC Season Championship at stake going into the last event of the season. Great Stuff!

Looking at the points after COTA, it seemed like John, with four wins and the points lead, was a lock for the championship as long as he kept showing up for events. Since then, Josh has been on quite a tear with four wins for himself. Or, put another way, Josh has won or crashed in every race since our failed attempt at doing a half-assed budget suspension revision at COTA.

The hype for this event is a little bit muted because Michael showed his true cheatin' self at COTA by going full Mario Kart and throwing car parts at his pursuers in an attempt to thwart their progress. You might be a bit confused since it's clear that Michael is most definitely not a cheater. A quick check of the rules shows it's not actually illegal to throw stuff at the competition during a race (noted for future events). Unfortunately for Michael, the parts he chose to throw were actually quite heavy and he came in a bit under weight at the end of the race. Following the well intentioned but actually pretty poor CMC rule in section 7.9, zeros due to technical infractions are not droppable, regardless of the reason. I don't think Michael should get to keep his win because, not only did he race some portion of the race light, he was out of configuration for his certified dyno by not having an exhaust. I just think ejecting him from the championship battle is a bit harsh. If Michael's COTA zero was droppable, he would slot in between Josh and John in points for a spectacular three way battle to the end. How great would that be for the series?!?

I clearly have a preference for who I would like to win but realistically it would be great if either won since neither currently has a season championship. Josh has a small points lead and the momentum going into the event. John has been to NOLA before while Josh will be going in cold. Let's see if we can get more cars to show up so they have a serious fight for it all...

Richard P.

Blog Entries
    I love it, strealing parts for the CMC Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by RichardP View Post
    I'm going to hype up this event a bit by pointing out that, for the first time in a while, there is a tight battle for the CMC Season Championship at stake going into the last event of the season. Great Stuff!

Looking at the points after COTA, it seemed like John, with four wins and the points lead, was a lock for the championship as long as he kept showing up for events. Since then, Josh has been on quite a tear with four wins for himself. Or, put another way, Josh has won or crashed in every race since our failed attempt at doing a half-assed budget suspension revision at COTA.

The hype for this event is a little bit muted because Michael showed his true cheatin' self at COTA by going full Mario Kart and throwing car parts at his pursuers in an attempt to thwart their progress. You might be a bit confused since it's clear that Michael is most definitely not a cheater. A quick check of the rules shows it's not actually illegal to throw stuff at the competition during a race (noted for future events). Unfortunately for Michael, the parts he chose to throw were actually quite heavy and he came in a bit under weight at the end of the race. Following the well intentioned but actually pretty poor CMC rule in section 7.9, zeros due to technical infractions are not droppable, regardless of the reason. I don't think Michael should get to keep his win because, not only did he race some portion of the race light, he was out of configuration for his certified dyno by not having an exhaust. I just think ejecting him from the championship battle is a bit harsh. If Michael's COTA zero was droppable, he would slot in between Josh and John in points for a spectacular three way battle to the end. How great would that be for the series?!?

I clearly have a preference for who I would like to win but realistically it would be great if either won since neither currently has a season championship. Josh has a small points lead and the momentum going into the event. John has been to NOLA before while Josh will be going in cold. Let's see if we can get more cars to show up so they have a serious fight for it all...

Richard P.
    Daniel Records
    CMC # 34

I have it on good authority that John Martin will be there so it’s on!
    Al Fernandez

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    I love it Richard, hahaha. I should have made just a muffler fly at John and not the whole exhaust. ;^)

I checked the points with drops and it looks like we will be having 4 drops this year. If we take the lowest 4 points out from previous events I show John at 1125, Josh at 1085, and me at 1075. Double check my points to make sure.

We also need to see how many races and points scoring races there will be at NOLA to best prepare.

I know it is a longer tow for some but is anyone else planning to go?
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty View Post
    I checked the points with drops and it looks like we will be having 4 drops this year. If we take the lowest 4 points out from previous events I show John at 1125, Josh at 1085, and me at 1075. Double check my points to make sure.

The problem is that you checked the rule book. That's a dumb place to go. They just put those there just to tease and confuse people. We're talking NASA Texas here. That means that we have to follow the "NASA Texas Supplemental Rules, Version 1.3 Updated 12/20/18." https://nasatx.com/wp-content/upload...ntal-Rules.pdf

From Item 5 of the supplemental rules: "CMC, AI, SI, AIX will have 7 race drops. This rule supersedes the CCR and/or class rules."

So, we have 7 drops. With 7 events and four races per event, that's not an unreasonable number. Well, COTA was only ever going to have three races. And then Eagles was cancelled. There was also a small issue with weather at Hallett and timing issues at TMS that each caused a race drop. So, seven actually ends up being a really big number. Oops. The good news is that you don't have to worry about how many races we will be able to get at NOLA...

Richard P.

So with seven drops where does that leave the top three CMC??
    Al Fernandez