Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NOLA Oct 19-20

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So since I'm not going anyway I don't give a damn but does this mean we are going to three race weekends in the future? If I remember the last race weekend also was just three races. I'm not sure of that. I just spent $3500.00 on my engine that I would not have spent if this is going to be the norm. I understand it's just me that does not like the three race deal and I know NASA Texas wants us to run just three races. I need to know so I can figure out what I'm going to do about next year. The car may be for sale soon with a brand new engine. I've been on the fence about getting out for the last year or so. Maybe this is the push I need.

JJ

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    This NOLA event is hosted by the NOLA region so we are racing by their rules / schedule. I have not heard anything about changing to 3-race weekends. Myself, along with many others, prefer the 4-race weekends!!
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty View Post
    This NOLA event is hosted by the NOLA region so we are racing by their rules / schedule. I have not heard anything about changing to 3-race weekends. Myself, along with many others, prefer the 4-race weekends!!
    Not currently racing... but I certainly would want four races instead of three.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty View Post
    It just seams to me there have been a lot of three race weekends. COTA for sure then didn't something happen at the last event (the Roval) and you guys only got three races? Since I have not been to many races this year maybe I'm wrong.

JJ

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    It just seams to me there have been a lot of three race weekends. COTA for sure then didn't something happen at the last event (the Roval) and you guys only got three races? Since I have not been to many races this year maybe I'm wrong.

JJ
    COTA being COTA, Monsoon at Hallett, timing loop issues at TMS.

Edit to add the NASCAR light/runoff area issue at TMS
    Last edited by Sook; 10-16-2019 at 12:03 AM.
    CMC #50

I absolutely positively want 4 races for a weekend. NOLA ran 3 last time I was there but really doesn’t get the car count for a thunder class or any other specific class for that matter. I’m going to test all weekend given I’ll be the only AI car (for the second time this year).

We need to grow the thunder group back to where it was a few years ago, the tire discussion is a distraction, let’s get back on with attracting and welcoming new and past folks back to AICMC. some of the threads on here serve to dissuade folks, I’m sure that’s not what we want right?

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    I'm out. Work is being a PITA right now.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Car is close to ready but I am not, same thing here work has been nuts.

Going to try my best but will decide by tomorrow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blk96gt View Post
    I'm out. Work is being a PITA right now.
    F'ing job!

Senior Member Grass-Passer rleng1's Avatar
    Still running 4 race weekends here in RM. CMC car counts seem to be improving.
    Randy English
    NASA Texas --> Rocky Mtn Region
    CMC #77 Camaro