Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2019 End of year banquet / party

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Blog Entries
    But that trailer has an upstairs and I’d be willing to live in it. The entire evening was a blast and much that happened after the video is a blur. Idk if it was the beer or the two cigars i smoked but here we are...

Video isn’t online yet, hell... my liver barely is back online. I’ll upload it very soon.
    Daniel Records
    CMC # 34

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    What a great time!! Thank you again Craig and Pip for hosting and putting on such a great event!!
    It was great to see so many racers from current and previous seasons attend as well as new faces to hopefully join the group soon. It was nice to be able to get together and not have the stress of loading up cars and preparing for a race weekend. Also it was unique to hear of all the people talking about how amazing Jerry's sausage was.......

The party got kicked off with a gender reveal burnout for Burt and Kristen. We all quickly realized the tires were very sticky and upon splattering rubbery water onto Craig's foot/leg, left a colorful residue that was very difficult to remove. The burnout was very impressive and quickly filled the entire shop with a cloud of pink smoke, congrats on having a girl!!!!!

After a good 30-minutes to let all the smoke finally clear the shop, we then did a season recap with awards and talked details about the upcoming season.

Reminder to check all your safety gear for the upcoming 2020 season. Belts, window nets, seats, fire bottle / system, fuel cell, etc.
    SA2020 helmets will "most likely" be out for the 2021 season, therefore making any 2010 helmet expired. You still have a little over 1 year if this applies to you.
    The new Toyo Tire decal placement goes live for 2020 and is very specific. Please look up your specific vehicle year to see the exact placement required to qualify for Toyo Bucks.

Daniel is going to help by doing more social media things for next year to help promote AI/CMC. He will also be going around collecting video at the events next year so we can have more footage for the end of year video.
    We discussed how every racer can help do a better job of promoting AI/CMC, specifically to Mustang and Camaro drivers in HPDE and TT. We will all look to take a more proactive approach just to introduce ourselves and also giving rides to hopeful future racers.
    Angie discussed plans to form a Women of NASA social group to promote comradery for all ladies at the track.

Awards
    AI - 1st place, Craig McCormick

CMC - 5th place, Heather Sanchez
    CMC - 4th place, Pranav Patel
    CMC - 3rd place, John Martin
    CMC - 2nd place, Michael Mosty
    CMC - 1st place, Josh Sooknanan

AIX - 1st place, Josh Sooknanan, what a hard fought battle :^)

Iron Man - None for 2019 but hopefully we will have winners in 2020 as this is a great award showing commitment, prep, and reliability.

Crew Chief of the Year - Richard Pederson, what an amazing commitment in helping Josh completely change car setup over the whole season

Golden Helmet - Josh Sooknanan for his spectacular braking misjudgment and wall contact at TMS

Developer of the Year - Josh Sooknanan. This is a new award thought up and designed by Craig to award the driver who put in great developing effort in the shop to get rewarded on track with improving time and reliability.

We then watched the End of Year video that Daniel helped make. Thank you so much for helping do this on such short notice!!
    We will all make a much better effort to get you our videos throughout next year.

The remainder of the night was just a great time hanging out with great friends.
    Thank you again to all that attended!!
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty View Post
    Also it was unique to hear of all the people talking about how amazing Jerry's sausage was.......
    All my life I have heard about how great my sausage is. No worries.

In fact the truth is you to can get great sausage. Anytime you are in Elgin, TX. drop into Meyers BBQ right on 290 and order their Beef sausage. There is another place in Elgin that is much bigger and famous for sausage (Southside Market BBQ) but IMHO it is not anywhere as good as the Meyers sausage is.

JJ
    Last edited by ShadowBolt; 12-18-2019 at 08:11 PM.