Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trailer Tires

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries

Trailer Tires

Need to replace them sometime in 2020 and generally buy from Discount during a holiday sale. Heard about Goodyear making a trailer tire in USA again called Endurance that has an 87 mph rating that has strong reviews on tirerack but that could be Goodyear employees. I haven't had a particular tire issue with either GY Marathons or a few other chinese sets.

Just thought I would check to see if anyone has done a lot of research to sway me from getting some GY Endurances in the future.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Junior Member Rookie
    Bryan
    I have had Goodyear Endurance tires on my trailer since they first came out. (Jan 2016). They have been fantastic. First set of trailer tires I have ever worn out and will get a new set this summer. I have been all over the place with my trailer including COTA a 2200 mile round trip. They have been great tire and would certainly recommend them.
    Bob
    Bob Denton
    CMC #67
    Great Lakes Region

I've been using them as well without issue, mounting them you could tell a big difference in the quality from the china stuff that came off the trailer. Trailer blowouts are a great way to ruin a day/week/month/year so the confidence of the MAGA Goodyears is nice.
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    I've had good luck with the Hartland ST Radials
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Quote Originally Posted by marshall_mosty View Post
    I've had good luck with the Hartland ST Radials
    That's what I've got, and have also had a good experience so far.

- Josh
    CMC #50

Blog Entries
    I took my Maxxis M8008 down to the cords. Great tires. The Best.

I gave up on trailer tires circa 2007, using appropriately load rated light truck tires instead, and unsurprisingly tire failures disappeared (except for that one somewhat infamous event on the way to Hallett...but the root cause of that incident is unknown as all evidence was destroyed in the incident so...) Anyway the Endurance didn't exist then, but it appears to have bridged the gap between the run of the mill trailer tires and real tires.
    Al Fernandez

Blog Entries
    Thanks guys. Have heard good things about the Maxxis as well and it's the same price as the GY Endurance. I also think the weight of the trailer has impact as I know Bob/Tyler have enclosed and Tylers has to weigh a lot.

It's not worth trying to save 1-200 when your towing on a 2 lane highway somewhere or interstate for a 1,000 mile or more round trip.

I'll be getting the GY Endurance for the trailer and likely running the Falken or another 200 TW tire this year on the race car.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Fernandez View Post
    I gave up on trailer tires circa 2007, using appropriately load rated light truck tires instead, and unsurprisingly tire failures disappeared (except for that one somewhat infamous event on the way to Hallett...but the root cause of that incident is unknown as all evidence was destroyed in the incident so...) Anyway the Endurance didn't exist then, but it appears to have bridged the gap between the run of the mill trailer tires and real tires.
    My cousin owns a tire store and he had me run truck tires and I have never had trailer tires.

the michelins made in Germany are pretty damn good too. have them on the stacker and they have 10's of thousands of miles on them. Replace at age, not wear. Not cheap but neither is replacing wall panels and axles on trailers due to blow outs. They are built like OTR truck tires. Range G I think.
    Ah, fugg it.