Thread: 2020 Season Opener - MSR-H **Time to Sign-Up**

Hybrid View

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pranav View Post
    Could be worth going nuclear with a new harness and a fresh refurb ecu

These factory harnesses get brittle and cause issues all the time as the the computers
    My harness is in good shape. Now it could have a bad area but I am not aware of it. The ecu….? Who knows.

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Check this guy out right down the road from you. LS guy but has a Mustang in the shop on website but more stuff on FB. Should have HP Tuners and be able to check it on the trailer.

https://biddlemotorsports.com/
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
    Check this guy out right down the road from you. LS guy but has a Mustang in the shop on website but more stuff on FB. Should have HP Tuners and be able to check it on the trailer.

https://biddlemotorsports.com/
    Sorry I am just now seeing this Jerry. Gearheads in Arlington/Mansfield is who you want to take it to. Guy knows his shit and can diagnose electrical stuff. Travis Franklin is a tuning master with the 4.6 engine. Tuned mine and a Twin turbo car I built for a local...actually inherited and finished for a local that had a bad engine harness connector. Travis figured it out in a matter of minutes with his diagnostic equipment. Repinned the connector with stuff from the row of junk cars along the fence and away the car went to make 800rwhp on the stock ECU.

Tell him your issues and allow him to get mad...but he will figure it out. Pay him well. Most of these shops that know their shit don't like working on other people's projects to make them work right BUT, they will for the right price.
    Ah, fugg it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Okay this is way out there but last year the first event I made was Cresson. I had bought and installed a new CAI and on Friday before the event I got the car dynoed. It was not making big power (lower compression than my previous engines) but it was not all that bad. When others saw the CAI they said I could not run it because the filter sits in the fender well. I took a hacksaw and cut the pipe and pushed the filter on right before the MAF inside the engine bay. I can't remember for sure but it may be that after cutting the intake tube is when this all started. Thoughts?

JJ