Thread: Power Steering Reservoir Cap Leaks

Power Steering Reservoir Cap Leaks

Hello racers,
    I have enjoyed learning a lot from this forum as I work through the development of my ST5 2003 Mustang.
    As the title states, I am looking for cures to help stop the stock power steering reservoir cap from leaking all over the place in right turns.
    My car is a 2003 V6 with the on pump reservoir that is the same as you FOX body guys. I have tried a lower fluid level, and making sure the vent hole in the cap is "up" when installed, but all I end up doing is wrapping it with a shop towel that has slowed it down, but it never really stops.
    What creative fixes have you guys found for this condition?
    Thank you in advance for the help.

Cheers
    Roy

Quote Originally Posted by Racer Roy View Post
    Hello racers,
    I have enjoyed learning a lot from this forum as I work through the development of my ST5 2003 Mustang.
    As the title states, I am looking for cures to help stop the stock power steering reservoir cap from leaking all over the place in right turns.
    My car is a 2003 V6 with the on pump reservoir that is the same as you FOX body guys. I have tried a lower fluid level, and making sure the vent hole in the cap is "up" when installed, but all I end up doing is wrapping it with a shop towel that has slowed it down, but it never really stops.
    What creative fixes have you guys found for this condition?
    Thank you in advance for the help.

Cheers
    Roy
    Racer Roy cut the filler neck and add about 3” of silicone hose to extend the neck upwards. Job done mate and welcome to the forum

Thanks for the tip Trublu, appreciate it

Roy