Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another CMC car soon to be ready to join the mix

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade View Post
    Wirtz car is still in Wirtz's hands. I have a buddy who knows Wirtz that has gone back and forth about getting it, but it is still a CMC1 spec so it needs everything except the tub and cage. He says that is a lot of money to drop to "only" have 260 HP. He'd be better suited to AI or AIX, but the fields are too small.

Jerry, are you talking about Nick Runyon's old car? If I recall, it made a couple of track appearances around 2013 and then disappeared?
    Or...I have been out of the loop for a Looong time, didn't someone recently pick up Kellam's car?
    Jeff's car would only have 230hp.

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade View Post
    Wirtz car is still in Wirtz's hands. I have a buddy who knows Wirtz that has gone back and forth about getting it, but it is still a CMC1 spec so it needs everything except the tub and cage. He says that is a lot of money to drop to "only" have 260 HP. He'd be better suited to AI or AIX, but the fields are too small.

Jerry, are you talking about Nick Runyon's old car? If I recall, it made a couple of track appearances around 2013 and then disappeared?
    Or...I have been out of the loop for a Looong time, didn't someone recently pick up Kellam's car?
    Urbanski bought both of those cars. He sold Runyons car I believe going to Kansas and now he is running Kellams.

Man the dyno on Steve's LT1 looks awesome so I'll be questioning whether I swap it in the fall. Anyone want to buy a white LS1 CMC Camaro?
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
    Urbanski bought both of those cars. He sold Runyons car I believe going to Kansas and now he is running Kellams.

Man the dyno on Steve's LT1 looks awesome so I'll be questioning whether I swap it in the fall. Anyone want to buy a white LS1 CMC Camaro?
    Since when does any LT1 dyno look awesome? All of them I have seen peak out the torque long before getting good horsepower. I completely opened the exhaust and it had no effect. The OEM CAM is just wrong for 260/310. If it does have a good ratio I'd bet it has a cheater CAM in it.

Craig W.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CWiseman View Post
    Since when does any LT1 dyno look awesome? All of them I have seen peak out the torque long before getting good horsepower. I completely opened the exhaust and it had no effect. The OEM CAM is just wrong for 260/310. If it does have a good ratio I'd bet it has a cheater CAM in it.

Craig W.
    If you could lower the total output somehow other than a restrictor it'd be spot on. Mine peaks on the Dyno as soon as I crack the gas. Unrestricted torque peaks a in the 4000 range.
    RM CMC Director

Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged111 View Post
    If you could lower the total output somehow other than a restrictor it'd be spot on. Mine peaks on the Dyno as soon as I crack the gas. Unrestricted torque peaks a in the 4000 range.
    Mine peaks at 3000, torque down there is only usable on the standing starts. If I restrict to keep torque at 310 I only get 253 HP. If I let the torque go to 315 it will get near 260, but then we have to pile on the ballast and tear up the tires even faster. Kinda defeats the tiny driver advantage. Currently using a 36mm restrictor. unrestricted it is like 289 HP. Now if we could run Mustang weights I'd have no issue with 253/310.

I do think the LS 5.3 iron block is the only good setup for the Camaros. The aluminum block LS cars lap times drop off at the end of the races lots more than the Mustangs. To beat the mustangs you have to start up front, put down qualifying times and then block. Perfect example is Hallett. Michael Mostey is great there and if he is behind a Camaro at the end he will usually win. The Camaro will be sliding all over the place, and Michael will still have enough tires to dance that little Mustang around the final curves.

I see the tires from Dan's and Josh's cars. Dan's are used up after a weekend and only good for practice, Josh can run his two sometimes three weekends. Heather puts lots of heat cycles on mine, but doesn't scrub the rubber off like Dan does. Josh can use Heather's tires on the Mustang and still get some good times out of them, after he knocks the hard layer off the top.

Bryan has won Hallett. It can be done. Hell, an LT1 car is the current national champ. Granted that race was mostly MW/GL, but still. TX is the only place where the GMs have so much trouble winning. I think a lot of it comes down to who's driving. I'm curious to see how Josh's season goes now that he's back in a Camaro.
    RM CMC Director

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged111 View Post
    Bryan has won Hallett. It can be done. Hell, an LT1 car is the current national champ. Granted that race was mostly MW/GL, but still. TX is the only place where the GMs have so much trouble winning. I think a lot of it comes down to who's driving. I'm curious to see how Josh's season goes now that he's back in a Camaro.
    I'm not sure Josh is going to race a Camaro this year......I thought he was just working on his car and did not get it ready for MSRH in time. Is that not correct? If Josh is going to race a Camaro this year he could answer a lot of questions .

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    I'm not sure Josh is going to race a Camaro this year......I thought he was just working on his car and did not get it ready for MSRH in time. Is that not correct? If Josh is going to race a Camaro this year he could answer a lot of questions .

JJ
    Josh racing the Camaro was a one event thing since his car wasn't ready and Dan had other commitments. Dan should be back behind the wheel for the next event. Not saying that Josh in the Camaro won't ever happen again but it probably won't be a regular thing. Josh likes to go faster than that... :-)

Richard P.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardP View Post
    Josh racing the Camaro was a one event thing since his car wasn't ready and Dan had other commitments. Dan should be back behind the wheel for the next event. Not saying that Josh in the Camaro won't ever happen again but it probably won't be a regular thing. Josh likes to go faster than that... :-)

Richard P.
    That is what I thought.

JJ

Ahh, didn't realize the Mustang was gonna survive.
    RM CMC Director