Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Msr-c

Msr-c

Guys,
    What are your thoughts on following for MSR-C to attract prospects to AI/CMC:
    1: Ask Will to announce/offer AI/CMC ride alongs for HPDE entrants at MSR-C?
    2: Invite folks to bring a beer to our fire pit to learn more about AI/CMC?
    3: Set up an evening walk through of an AI and a CMC car to explain the basic differences?
    ????

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    All great ideas. Mosty and I discussed options how to do this and other things we could do to help promote and provide guidance. I’ll have some other upcoming posts attempting to create an FAQ or guide on different topics to get started.

For cresson being at the De drivers meeting offering rides and specifically inviting any mustang Camaro drivers to come over and visit.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
    All great ideas. Mosty and I discussed options how to do this and other things we could do to help promote and provide guidance. I’ll have some other upcoming posts attempting to create an FAQ or guide on different topics to get started.

For cresson being at the De drivers meeting offering rides and specifically inviting any mustang Camaro drivers to come over and visit.
    You might be better off focusing on the guys in S2000's, VW's, hondas or other "fringe" cars that are vastly expensive to modify to race and fall in the wide open ST classes where they get beat up by the heavy hitting corvettes and BMW's.

FYI...the guys in street 5th/6th gen camaros and S197/S550 mustangs will be matching or beating AI/CMC laptimes. Sitting right seat isn't going to be the thrill you think it will be. Sort of like preaching spec miata or SRF's to a C7 Corvette driver. Just sayin'.
    Ah, fugg it.

Senior Member Rookie
    1: Don't limit the idea of ride alongs to registered entrants, expand it to include corner workers. Throughout college I was a corner worker at TWS and some of my best memories were ride alongs at various events.

2: If anyone from the Thunder race group is instructing, it would be easy for them invite their students to hang around the AI/CMC pits (if they have the time). The energy after a race can be electrifying a would allow them to experience the camaraderie of AI/CMC, something that other groups may be lacking.

Jeff

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    I would think if an HPDE guy in their $20-40k street car realized he could go wheel-to-wheel racing in a car the same speed but cost under $10k, I would think that would be extremely enticing.

Extending the offer to everyone to try and either coordinate a ride or just to simply stop by the AI/CMC compound for a beer, would give the best chance to grown the car count.
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

I've been touting AI/CMC to the HPDE guys. I took the #82 out in one of the HPDE 4 sessions, which was effective on conveying the level of speed we're getting from CMC cars.

I leave out the part about having to weld the car back together every weekend when introducing someone to the sport though.

- Josh
    CMC #50

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    In 2018 they offered ride alongs in race cars one weekend and we went out and got with it. There was no 80 percent speed rule like in TT, we were door to door and I even gave a Spec 350Z a push start. Every person that got out of my car was beaming and it was the same for everyone else too. I don't know what the next result of that was, but it got a lot of people excited. You're not only trying to win them over to CMC, but the idea of W2W over time trialing their beloved street car that they're attached to and may not want to stop driving. Around here the tracks aren't long enough for a newer Camaro on street tires to really beat down our lap times. Often they're shocked at how fast these buckets get around a track when they experience it.
    RM CMC Director

Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged111 View Post
    You're not only trying to win them over to CMC, but the idea of W2W over time trialing their beloved street car that they're attached to and may not want to stop driving.
    I settle for w2w conversions, more racers in general is better for the group. I also recommend most people start with a different car, rather than trying to convert their street car - which is already too modified to fit into a practical class most of the time.

- Josh
    CMC #50

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sook View Post
    I settle for w2w conversions, more racers in general is better for the group. I also recommend most people start with a different car, rather than trying to convert their street car - which is already too modified to fit into a practical class most of the time.

- Josh
    Most of those modified street cars have all the money spent on go fast items and zero spent on brakes. I agree it would be easier to show them how fast a Hooptie can be.

JJ

I traded some texts with a new Houston based AI guy this morning. john Brainard. Sent him a link to the forum so please welcome him when he joins. Building an 89 Fox