It's not been a secret, but I decided to go dirt racing in 2020 in the USRA Factory Stock class. I have a limited amount of time with Jaycie playing sports and going off to college in the fall and playing college volleyball, so I decided to buy a dirt car to race locally when time allows. Since there is a race every weekend from Mid-February through mid November somewhere within a 1-2 hour drive that supports these cars and the local track is just 20 minutes away, it is easier to find a date that fits my schedule.

I am not looking to run up front since I am too cheap to spend what it costs. This racing is similar to Spec Miata... pretty cheap to get in and fairly inexpensive to keep running as long as mid pack is acceptable. Lots of money can be spent getting that extra horsepower and weight distribution just right.

Good news is that a full set of tires cost $60 and outside of damage will last a season.

Thanks to Matt and Misty for letting me drive their car in the WRL last year.. was a blast and really fueled the fire to go racing. Thanks to Craig Wiseman for the nice offer to share some driving in his car.

I am probably not done road racing though.. maybe after Jaycie graduates college and I'll look again.

It's not quite complete with all the graphics, but almost done. Trying to be ready for March 14th local track opening.