Thread: Replacement shocks

Replacement shocks

I am looking at rebuilding my DA Koni coilovers on my 98 Mustang vs. replacing them. A few questions for the group:
    -Who out there rebuilds Konis? I found PSI in California, but they are $300 each-almost as much as new ones.
    -What other shocks do people recommend that I could get for around the price of getting mine rebuilt?
    -Does anyone have a set of used shocks they want to sell?
    -Any other thoughts, advice for this newbie?

Thanks,
    Rusty

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Reed View Post
    I am looking at rebuilding my DA Koni coilovers on my 98 Mustang vs. replacing them. A few questions for the group:
    -Who out there rebuilds Konis? I found PSI in California, but they are $300 each-almost as much as new ones.
    -What other shocks do people recommend that I could get for around the price of getting mine rebuilt?
    -Does anyone have a set of used shocks they want to sell?
    -Any other thoughts, advice for this newbie?

Thanks,
    Rusty
    If you're looking for something quick and easy to keep the car on the road, Bilstien HDs are the easiest and readily available (basically the only CMC shock available right now). In AI I think the shock rules are open, so the sky is the limit! There are some words about using OE mounting points - however I think a creative mind can easily circumvent that.

- Josh
    CMC #50

Thanks Josh-I'll look at them also.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    I have a nice set of Koni DA’s I will sell. 7 weekends on them, $600 for all 4
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net