Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: I need a firm headcount for Hallett June 6th and 7th

Senior Member Grass-Passer Alien's Avatar
    You guys and girls have fun. Can't wait to see the videos and race reports.

I was really looking forward to running Hallett CW, but with the joys of oil, gas and chemicals industry, there's just too much uncertainty for us right now since we're both with Fluor. I kept delaying chiming in on this thread or registering in hopes something would come up work-wise. There's basically NO active projects going on in our Sugar Land office right now. The company wasn't in the greatest shape before all this covid stuff and now it's worse with most people being laid-off or put on LOA. Laura has been demoted to part time (5 hrs/wk) since April, and my project was finally shelved a week ago (makes 3 in a row for projects I've been on that have been "postponed"). It's so bad, Laura applied for a position in Fluor's Government Group for a site assignment near Plaquemine, Louisiana (Boudy???) and I've managed to weasel my way to get some part time work on a different project in the same government group.

Be sure to have some sanitizer at impound for any on track contact!
    - Gary R.
    '86 Camaro Z28 "KNOCKER"

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Similar boat as Gary. 95% of my billable time is at a large O&G that cut a bunch of contractors and had to pull some strings to keep me around for a while. My small/medium client base got crushed.

Just not in the mood to spend time/$ until things look better; got expenses and stuff coming up next year, etc.
    Last edited by Pranav; 05-31-2020 at 08:35 PM.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I just hate it for you guys. We wish both of you were going to make it. Sorry for the mess you guys are in. I like cheap fuel but not at the expense of my friends. I have several friends that own machine shops that depend on oil and gas and they are in the shitter!

JJ

Wish you guys could all be going and weren’t dealing with all the uncertainty.
    Al Fernandez

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    I wish for that and a lift on the DoD travel ban at my installation. The Red Dragon is ready to go and I have a lame ass 200 mile radius until next week when I'll likely be allowed to participate after it's too late.
    RM CMC Director

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I would highly suggest you carry some form of personal protection on the trip up to Hallett. Just sayin. I'm really only worried about Dallas so I will go through FT. Worth instead and hope there are no issues.

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rob Liebbe's Avatar
    Anybody else leaving Houston or College Station Thursday morning? Looking to join a convoy.

Rob 281--413-1948
    Rob Liebbe - Texas Region
    Camaro, Mustang, doesn't matter to me, I'll race it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Liebbe View Post
    Anybody else leaving Houston or College Station Thursday morning?
    OIF is rolling out of Pearland around 7:00am. I can ping you when we hit the road.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    I would highly suggest you carry some form of personal protection on the trip up to Hallett. Just sayin. I'm really only worried about Dallas so I will go through FT. Worth instead and hope there are no issues.

JJ
    Guess you watched that Lot Lizard documentary and got you worried about the truck stops.

I should leave Plano after noon and maybe have a late lunch in Sherman with my parents then hop over to 377 in Ada.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post

JJ
    Yes mate I’m bringing frangers as usual. Too many Hallett pregnancies in the past for me.