"The new to you 88..."

The 39a car and crew had a good time as well. For those that don't know, I ran out of talent at MSRH after somebody nameless splashed a bunch of water into the line I wanted in the last turn. "Nope, not gonna hit the wall... well, actually I am going to hit it, but not too hard. Nope, it's gonna be hard. WOW that was hard." I was supposed to be on a big boat enjoying all things Alaska this weekend so we thought we had a couple months to finish the car up.

But really, how long does it take to pull the frame rail, replace the strut tower and radiator support, rewire the fuse panel/switch panel, replumb the front brake lines and master cylinder, add a fire bottle, replace the harness, convert to big brakes, etc???

Friday was show up and see if the car runs day. We pulled whatever camber/caster we had into the car and bedded the brakes. Front spring perches were too low so raised those a bit and started wearing up some older tires. Just older than the other set of less-older tires we brought to race on.

Racing was fantastic all around. Robert Weston and I had a couple deja vu moments with him passing me into 2; both were fine and clean, the first one caught us both as "that might have been a little close/aggressive" but certainly nothing out of line and I was just holding him up anyway. Video will be interesting since in two laps i went from wondering if I was gonna hit the #5 to wondering if I was going to hit the wrecker that would then hit the #5. I need to watch the video and look for some racing data condition input device deployment. I do feel the car and the driver got more comfortable all weekend. Only one significant off after T1 due to driver talent error and other than the thing running "hot" (though it never pulled timing) and some minor brake fluid loss, the car held up.

Let's talk food. I think we now know that we need one small dish of potato salad, and probably no coleslaw. I think we got away with not having bread but maybe we keep some. In my best Simon Cowell, if I'm being honest - we needed 2lbs more brisket. In no particular order, and potentially missing something here's what we ate:

grilled chicken/grilled squash/pb&j sammich/chips/chaffles/cashews/almonds/raisins/cranberries/pulled pork/tortillas/roasted corn on the cob/brisket/onions/pickled jalapeno/dain bramage margarita/Randy's Beanstm /McFall Baked beans/pinwheels/jalapeno poppers/jalapeno popper dip/tortilla chips/quacamole/ranch dip/salsa/meatballs/blueberry-cherry-apply-peach cobbler/nanner puddin/double stuffed Oreos/cheesy taters/green beans... what'd I miss? Duh, Midnight Ribstm.

Glad we cut down the last race a bit, simply to save the driver for the ride home that night. I don't know if it's good or bad that Hallett is such a haul but still the first race on my list every season.

Now, on to the video. If you have something (which you should since you have a camera for official AI/CMC races) get it trimmed and posted on the AI/CMC YouTube channel. If you need help, please just ask and we'll get something figured out.