Thread: Hallett Comma 2020

Threaded View

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Blog Entries
    Great weekend for #34. Car was absolute junk after descending from the top of Craig’s stacker on Thursday. Had a weird rev limiter feeling issue that was resolved with a MAF change and the car had a nasty push and a tire rub. Jacked with all that and got it sorted to qualify 3rd behind Martin and Curtis for R1. Martin put 4 off out of 5 and I slid by him and Curtis missed a shift out of 1 the next lap and I got the lead. Managed to hold the two of them off for the rest of the race. R2 I started dead last With Curtis starting in first and managed to make it up to 2nd by the end of lap 2. Got lucky choosing a lane and getting some great runs on lap 1. Managed to reel Curtis in but he made the mistake I needed to get by about a lap too soon and couldn’t do anything with him. Just about burned down my only set of tires for the weekend trying to catch him — but I really wanted to win. Race 3 I’d just assume forget (because hangover) but managed to get the 5th place I knew I needed to start the champ race on the pole. BTW ... The points used for the weekend are in the rules...first time I’ve been in a position at Hallett to worry about that. Lol...

R4: managed to clear Martin out of turn 1 to hold onto the lead. Curtis got around him and was all over my back bumper. Around lap 10 I made a mistake into the bitch and slid wide and he got under me. Decided I’d hang out behind him and see if I couldn’t force him into a mistake. A few laps later he slowed up out of 6 due to an engine problem and the rest is history. I dropped lap times ~2s to reduce the stress on the car so she’d last the rest of the race and was watching the gap to Crumpacker in the mirror. Managed to keep it clean and finish in 1st...absolutely was mentally wasted and couldn’t think straight until about 30mins later.

Unloading from the trailer yesterday it sounds like something’s gone in the bottom end of the engine — it’s running like it’s missing some compression and making some noises that sound terminal. Oh well ... that explorer bottom end had a good run and thankful it broke after the championship race!

Thanks to all for a great weekend and good clean racing and to Angie and the AI/CMC ladies for organizing the slip n flip and prizes.. Special thanks to OIF for cooking again this weekend...that’s no small amount of work and it was awesome as usual. The midnight ribs this year were even more spectacular than I remember!
    Last edited by drecords; 06-09-2020 at 06:18 PM.
    Daniel Records
    CMC # 34