Thread: Mustang upper rear control air bushing failure(s)

Hybrid View

Is their an option to replace these rubber bushings with something else that will extend the life of the control arm(s)? Seems like if we're replacing them every few weekends (and its not exactly easy to simply remove and replace) they could be a candidate for a rules request change? These things arent exactly cheap and replacing one and/or both every few weeks starts to add up a bit, not to mention the time it takes to get the arm out and back in.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    They way less expensive than they used to be. Maximum had another batch made and the price went down from over $200.00 a set to like $49.00 or $69.00 a set. I just looked it up and they are at $99.00 a set now. So they have gone back up some. Most of us run the sphericals in the housing and the stock rubber in the top. I have tried many different uppers and they either tear up the mount on the chassis end or some I tried would lift the inside tire off the ground in a turn. The upper arm has to change lengths to make this POS system work. Anything else and it binds until it tears up sheet metal.

I don't have to check the ones on the 55 when it will not turn one direction I know it's time to replace one of the upper arms. I know other that never change them. I don't think Aaron has ever had to change his.

JJ
    Last edited by ShadowBolt; 07-23-2020 at 02:50 PM.