Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mustang upper rear control air bushing failure(s)

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by drecords View Post
    I have sphericals everywhere (Housing ears and UCA’s) back there, no PHB. Only thing I get is the Drivers side link upper bushing bolt will loosen slightly over a weekend. I check the car each day and that one always needs to be retorqued.
    When Craig was running that set-up he was tearing out the sheet metal upper mounts. I know Dan welded it up at the track a few times. Now Craig will tell you that this set-up does not bind at all but the owner of Maximum Motorsports has a different idea. There was a paper MM wrote telling the binding results they saw when testing different Mustang four link bushings. Of course both of you are/were very fast running that set-up.

Jerry

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    When Craig was running that set-up he was tearing out the sheet metal upper mounts. I know Dan welded it up at the track a few times. Now Craig will tell you that this set-up does not bind at all but the owner of Maximum Motorsports has a different idea. There was a paper MM wrote telling the binding results they saw when testing different Mustang four link bushings. Of course both of you are/were very fast running that set-up.

Jerry
    I inspect mine very regularly (every day on track) and have no cracking/tearing up top.
    Daniel Records
    CMC # 34

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by drecords View Post
    I inspect mine very regularly (every day on track) and have no cracking/tearing up top.
    I don't remember if Craig ran a panhard bar but I would have thought the whole rear would move too much side to side with sphericals and no bar. Shows what I know.

JJ