Thread: ECR Dec 5th weekend!!

Hybrid View

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Matt, what brakes do you currently have on the front?
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty View Post
    Matt, what brakes do you currently have on the front?
    It is a wilwood hybrid kit I put together that uses a $250 wilwood caliper, an off the shelf wilwood bracket and C6Z06 14" rotors so we run 18x10.5 z06 wheels square with the 285 or 315 200TW street tires for the enduro events. is a GREAT combo for those events and pads last a REALLY long time. DBA rotors are $100 ea and are BEEFY! Have right at a grand in the whole kit.

I still have the 13" stoptech kit that came on the car and just need to install that. Takes about an hour but have to get the car out of the trailer and play car tetris in the shop which can be a PITA. I think I have pads for that caliper laying around but I'm trying to get rid of all the Stoptech stuff due to pad cost/life. The wilwood pads are 20mm thick and raybestos pads are $153 shipped. The stoptech plate is way thinner and for some reason is $246 plus shipping. Crazytowns...and don't know why. At some point, all of our cars will have the same wilwood caliper on them and use the same pads so life will be AWE SOME!

Now, if NasaTX would just respond to emails....
    Ah, fugg it.