Thread: Torsen T2R availability

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Torsen T2R availability

I have had a 31 spline T2R on order since a week after Hallett. I just called MM and they are now being told by Torsen mid to late Dec. is best case (after telling me two months ago mid Oct.) so I had them send me a 28 spline unit instead. They have one more 28 spline unit is stock if anyone needs one.

Jerry

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    I have had a 31 spline T2R on order since a week after Hallett. I just called MM and they are now being told by Torsen mid to late Dec. is best case (after telling me two months ago mid Oct.) so I had them send me a 28 spline unit instead. They have one more 28 spline unit is stock if anyone needs one.

Jerry
    Wow, that is crazy!! Did you end up having to get a whole new rear end Jerry? I have run the 28 spline in mine since the beginning so you shouldn’t have durability issues with it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty View Post
    Wow, that is crazy!! Did you end up having to get a whole new rear end Jerry? I have run the 28 spline in mine since the beginning so you shouldn’t have durability issues with it.
    Yes the diff was torn up and the housing was fubared. The new to me 2003 rear end (out of a 2003 Mustang GT conv.) I assume has 28 spline axles in it. I will just have to drill them for the larger wheel studs. Jay tore the hell out of it......trans, diff and rear end housing all at once.

JJ