Thread: Daytona? Looking for CMC in-car videos...

Hybrid View

Senior Member Carroll Shelby

Daytona? Looking for CMC in-car videos...

I'm looking for CMC in car vids, especially any with DATA on the screen. I found the Mid-Atlantic region video page on Youtube but need to find something similar for Southeast. Found an AI vid but need to see something in our HP range.

Thanks!
    Ah, fugg it.

Quote Originally Posted by AI#97 View Post
    I'm looking for CMC in car vids, especially any with DATA on the screen. I found the Mid-Atlantic region video page on Youtube but need to find something similar for Southeast. Found an AI vid but need to see something in our HP range.

Thanks!
    There haven't been CMC cars in Southeast since at least 2014 (they all switched to Spec Iron as soon as that class was created). Well, maybe a random individual that ran occasionally and a couple rookies that started there around 2016-2017 but they gave up and started running with us after awhile. If I recall, the NASA-SE normal schedule does not include Daytona???

A group of us in Mid Atlantic are planning on going to Daytona but none of us have ever been there before.

OK, just went through years of race results for SE and FL regions looking for Daytona.

End of 2020 they had a race there and one of the MA guys went in a Camaro......but he wont even share any data with those he races with (and won't post vids).

Previous to that there was a race there is 2014 and 2015.
    2014: One back marker CMC driver competed and was WAY off the Spec Iron pace.
    2015: No CMC cars

*Like you, we're looking for some data to figure out how to setup a car. There doesn't appear to be any!

Quote Originally Posted by t500hps View Post
    *Like you, we're looking for some data to figure out how to setup a car. There doesn't appear to be any!
    Thanks for posting what info u found. I've been on the fence to make the effort to make it to nationals this year. Further research shows events that run there in the August and September time frame usually have rain to deal with and the infield portion is absolutely diabolical when wet. Could turn it into a shit show and the vid nasa recently posted supports that with the slow traffic and back markers.

After pulling the car out of mothballs for the end of year race at ecr, I think I know what is needed to get the car to front of pack upgrade wise. I need a response to a question I've asked on a planned change but I'm on track to hopefully match those mustangs here in Texas!!! That being the yardstick... Daytona could have solid results... Especially if there are enough cars to have a national champ.
    Ah, fugg it.

Quote Originally Posted by AI#97 View Post
    Thanks for posting what info u found. I've been on the fence to make the effort to make it to nationals this year. Further research shows events that run there in the August and September time frame usually have rain to deal with and the infield portion is absolutely diabolical when wet. Could turn it into a shit show and the vid nasa recently posted supports that with the slow traffic and back markers.

After pulling the car out of mothballs for the end of year race at ecr, I think I know what is needed to get the car to front of pack upgrade wise. I need a response to a question I've asked on a planned change but I'm on track to hopefully match those mustangs here in Texas!!! That being the yardstick... Daytona could have solid results... Especially if there are enough cars to have a national champ.
    Rain in summertime FL is very common....but usually comes after about 3pm (and virtually doesn't rain all winter). We usually get one race a year in the rain and nobody likes it, however it is the same track conditions for everyone.

FWIW: MA has 2 GMs and 3 Fords that say they are going to Daytona.......2-4 more Fords that "might" go. The rest are being very quiet and not likely coming. We also run with GL each year and have been in contact with them. We're trying to get them to bring a group down too.

Oh, I love the rain.... I just hate the goobers who wad up cars in the rain by driving well over their skill level.
    Ah, fugg it.