Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Msr-h

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty View Post
    The dyno at MSRH should be available for your annual dyno, that is what I’ve used the last 5+ years.
    If you're going to try to dyno at the track, it's better to have an appointment set up ahead of time. It can/does get busy on opening weekend and if they have any issues the line can get backed up.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Rookie 64GunPilot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    If you're going to try to dyno at the track, it's better to have an appointment set up ahead of time. It can/does get busy on opening weekend and if they have any issues the line can get backed up.
    I took your advice and called to make an appointment. They said the dyno will be going non-stop Thursday thru Sunday first come first serve. IDK if the backlog could potentially cause you to miss a track session or not. For me, its not critical anyways until after comp school whenever that may be.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________
    -Dylan
    3rd Gen CMC Wannabee

Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty View Post
    The dyno at MSRH should be available for your annual dyno, that is what I’ve used the last 5+ years.

The dyno form is usually at the back of the CMC rules but we were informed last week that it was not there. We are working with NASA to get them to update the rules to include it.
    You do need to bring a form with you so if NASA does not update it within the next week let me know and I can email you the form we used last year which will be acceptable.
    I used the 2020 sheet, page 20.

https://nasa-assets.s3.amazonaws.com...Rules_v1.0.pdf

- Josh
    CMC #50

Senior Member Grass-Passer Alien's Avatar
    Just a heads up, they made some changes to Hwy 288 since last year.

The flyover from Beltway 8/Sam Houston Tollway heading east onto 288 south is now open, and same going the other way (left exit).

The left turn (heading south) to get to MSR-H from 288 at the flashing yellow light is no more. You now have to either A.) go down another 1/4-1/2 mile or so and make a U-Turn from the left lane that then feeds you into your own lane onto the northbound 288 where you then merge and get over to the right lane to turn into MSR-H or B.) take the next exit Business 288 and take two lefts at stop signs under the overpass.

Probably not a big deal to most of you, but I know I hate surprises. I'm sure some of you guys with the bigger rigs might want to know. If it was already like this last year, then consider this a reminder.
    - Gary R.
    '86 Camaro Z28 "KNOCKER"

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Definitely new since last year, thanks for the update Gary!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alien View Post

The flyover from Beltway 8/Sam Houston Tollway heading east onto 288 south is now open, and same going the other way (left exit).

The left turn (heading south) to get to MSR-H from 288 at the flashing yellow light is no more. You now have to either A.) go down another 1/4-1/2 mile or so and make a U-Turn from the left lane that then feeds you into your own lane onto the northbound 288 where you then merge and get over to the right lane to turn into MSR-H or B.) take the next exit Business 288 and take two lefts at stop signs under the overpass.

Probably not a big deal to most of you, but I know I hate surprises. I'm sure some of you guys with the bigger rigs might want to know. If it was already like this last year, then consider this a reminder.
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

This change caught me out pretty bad last year, I thought I forgot the way to my closest track in the morning darkness.
    CMC #50

The left turn (heading south) to get to MSR-H from 288 at the flashing yellow light is no more.
    Closed the crossover? Thanks, Gary. I'll get a preview Saturday morning down there for a dyno.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Grass-Passer Alien's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    Closed the crossover?
    Yup, closed all/most of the crossovers down that stretch of 288. Guess there was too many T-bone accidents.
    - Gary R.
    '86 Camaro Z28 "KNOCKER"

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    Since AI/CMC is running with AMCM this weekend, the group should probably discuss what the desired race format for the weekend should be. We could do our normal format but the fourth race is the longest. AMCM is doing a Hallett style format. It might be less confusing if we all followed the same format. Deciding before we get there is probably the best plan...

Richard P.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardP View Post
    Deciding before we get there is probably the best plan...
    There's no logic allowed here.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!