Thread: Msr-h

Hybrid View

Senior Member Rookie 64GunPilot's Avatar

Msr-h

Is there usually an option for "comp school"? I've seen this option for other events before, I don't see the option on the registration page for MSR-H Jan 30-31st.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________
    -Dylan
    3rd Gen CMC Wannabee

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Dylan,
    https://www.nasaproracing.com/events/3497
    Go down to HPDE 2,3,4 (Sat and Sun) and use the drop down to select HPDE 4.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Rookie 64GunPilot's Avatar
    Thank you.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________
    -Dylan
    3rd Gen CMC Wannabee

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Dylan, it looks like currently they are not going to have a Comp School at MSRH. I'm not sure the exact details around it but if I hear an update I will post here.
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    MSR-H is coming up in a little over 2-weeks. Please make sure you have your NASA membership renewed, comp license renewed, and your medical is current.

Please bring $20 for your Annual inspection. I will be getting there late Friday and can help with inspections then but also please keep an eye on the normal Tech line because early in the day there is usually a very small line. Also, if your car has never received an Annual it will need to be done in the normal Tech line.

Double check your car safety gear (window net, belts, seat back brace, roll bar padding, etc) as well as personal gear (Helmet, head sock, suit, gloves, socks, HANS - or equivalent) before you get to the track.

Please bring $30 for the series dues for the year that help cover the cost for this website, Hallett trophies, and various other small things that pop up.

For CMC, bring an extra copy of your dyno (both graph and form) that I will keep with my file. The form needs to be filled out completely please.

Current entries:

American Iron
    Matt Engel
    Samuel Capps

Camaro/Mustang Challenge
    Andrew Fisher
    Dave Francis
    Sean Richardson
    John Martin
    Michael Mosty
    Steve Gernon
    Frederic Scott
    Sam Crumpacker
    Josh Sooknanan
    Bryan Curtis
    Last edited by michaelmosty; 01-20-2021 at 05:28 PM.
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Member Rookie
    FYI - not sure it others were concerned but I noticed the CCR's were recently updated and confirm as expected that SA2010 helmets can be used until 2022.. Personally I was questioning if I needed a new helmet or not this year, not sure if others were too

15.17.3 Helmet
    All drivers are required to wear a properly fitted and secured helmet while on track. Helmets must be approved by Snell and carry a sticker of Snell SA2010, EA2016, or newer*. Ratings other than that of “SA” (Special Application), (e.g. M2005, M2010, or CMR2007), are not acceptable. *Alternatively, helmets with an FIA certification of FIA 8859-2015, FIA 8860-2010, or FIA 8858-2010 or newer are acceptable. It is strongly recommended that any helmet sustaining any substantial impact be replaced. Helmet standards will increase for the 2022 year, and it is expected that a Snell SA rating of 2015, or higher, will be required.