Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Msr-h

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty View Post
    Will also stated that this year will be a little different with the 2nd race of each day being the contingency race. I am going to call Will this afternoon to discuss since our 2nd race each day has normally been an invert. I will update with new info later.
    WTF? Makes ZERO sense considering the second race usually has fewer cars due to breakage and incidents...let alone forcing you to stay and race the 4th race instead of leaving early for a long haul home. Can NASA find any more reasons to turn racers away? Don't answer that. Please do update what you find out after speaking with Will.
    Ah, fugg it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    We do one of each for the money races: R1 Saturday is based on qual, the rest are inverts. We get one flying and one standing as well for money just to try and keep it mixed up.
    RM CMC Director

Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty View Post
    Sounds great Mark, we are all pitted together near the entrance to the facility by the tech garage. Looking forward to meeting you!!
    Thanks for having me. Let me know of anyone with a CMC car to sell. I will also look for a trailer.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mark,

Unless I missed it Al has a Camaro for sale. I think it even has a new LS1 installed. I will make sure Al sees this.

Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    Mark,

Unless I missed it Al has a Camaro for sale. I think it even has a new LS1 installed. I will make sure Al sees this.

Jerry
    Hi Jerry,

Yup. Got it in my notes:

30 January 2021

NASA at MSR-H
    Mark [removed] (v00)

Met Jeff via LSU
    - Introduced me to the new class guys American Muscle

Al has a CMC car
    - [phone number removed]

American Muscle
    - New series
    - Rene (Series Director) and Brian
    - Mosty – Instructor

Al and Craig
    - American Muscle
    - They do a lot with suspension work and other stuff
    - Includes Camaros, Mustangs, and Challengers

To find a CMC car: https://www.racingjunk.com/
    - From Alex
    - For racing license, go to Skip Barber

Kay is the Grid Chief
    - Kay loves dogs
    - For CMC, told me to go over where all the Mustangs and Camaros are
    o Find #11
    o Silver and red
    o Michael Mostly

CMC Driver’s Meeting was led by Marshall and Firouz

Just a couple of corrections for you Mark...
    Craig and I are the owners/promoters of AMCM, Rene is a participant and an instructor in various organizations (excellent resource if you want to either get driving help or rent a race car)
    Al Fernandez

Quote Originally Posted by Al Fernandez View Post
    Just a couple of corrections for you Mark...
    Craig and I are the owners/promoters of AMCM, Rene is a participant and an instructor in various organizations (excellent resource if you want to either get driving help or rent a race car)
    Got it picked up in my notes. Thanks much for corrections.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AI#97 View Post
    WTF? Makes ZERO sense considering the second race usually has fewer cars due to breakage and incidents...let alone forcing you to stay and race the 4th race instead of leaving early for a long haul home. Can NASA find any more reasons to turn racers away? Don't answer that. Please do update what you find out after speaking with Will.
    I am obviously not racing.. but this is pretty dumb. Not to mention it screws up the inverted starts for the second race.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by babablackgoat View Post
    Thanks for having me. Let me know of anyone with a CMC car to sell. I will also look for a trailer.
    Mark-I have two CMC Camaro's if your interested. One is an LS that's white and the other an LT that's blue. Either is podium capable and both make the same power right near the limit. If your interested in either let me know-in Plano. I should be racing at Cresson in March.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Just an update on the race format as the sky is not falling, haha.

We did change it up for the weekend and it worked out pretty darn well. Not sure if we will do the same moving forward but it was interesting to have a small change.
    Both days were raced the exact same. We qualified for starting position for the Toyo race. Race 1 + 3 were then inverted based on our qual times and were rolling starts. Races 2 + 4 were then gridded by our qual times and were the traditional standing starts.

I’ll start a new thread for the race recap information but it was a great time had by all!!

Mark, it was excellent meeting you on Saturday!! My number is in the back of the CMC rules so feel free to give me a call or post up any questions here on the forum.
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region