Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Deed Is Done

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Congrats Mark-welcome. Don't hesitate to ask. I've run the LS for 12 years I guess now and there are plenty of resources around here to answer any questions.

Go sign up for ECR and I'll see you there.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    Wade Zimmer can hook you up on that!
    Can you PM me his contact info, pls?

Quote Originally Posted by 64GunPilot View Post
    Congrats on the purchase. Are you gonna go straight to comp school with the car? Or get an HPDE in first to get acquainted? Im still the new guy but glad to see another new guy.
    Definitely a couple of HDPE's first. Mosty said so, and more important: I really need it. Short silly story:

The only time I ever drove a full-on race car was loading and unloading Al's / mine onto Al's trailer. Al was reluctant to let me drive it on, then suddenly changed his mind. No problem.

Then while backing it off at my place, not following Al's instructions, I missed the ramp. So to date at am one and one: One win onto the trailer and one loss falling off the trailer.

Definitely need me some HDPE's prior to Comp School.

Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged111 View Post
    You look like a quick new guy, those aren't very common.
    And I am not one of them. Have plenty of HDPE experience in my highly modified yet street legal GTO. Yet not full-on door to door.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
    Congrats Mark-welcome. Don't hesitate to ask. I've run the LS for 12 years I guess now and there are plenty of resources around here to answer any questions.

Go sign up for ECR and I'll see you there.
    Greatly appreciated. But cannot make ECR due to prior engagement. See y'all at Hallett.

Although would be a good idea to attend a non-NASA HDPE such as TDE or Chin or something between now and then. Would be beneficial to have a more experience CMC driver come by to get me started on the real deal. Nothing scheduled. Just a thought.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by babablackgoat View Post
    Would be beneficial to have a more experience CMC driver come by to get me started on the real deal. Nothing scheduled. Just a thought.
    If you're going to make an event, let us know. Somebody might be able to get out there. You're gonna find you have to drive these things pretty hard to make them fast.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    If you're going to make an event, let us know. Somebody might be able to get out there. You're gonna find you have to drive these things pretty hard to make them fast.
    This is an excellent point because it may feel reckless, aggressive, or unnecessary to push the car that hard in the beginning but the folks walking away from you are doing just that. Just don't outdrive yourself.
    RM CMC Director

Senior Member Grass-Passer Wade's Avatar
    wade dot zimmer at gmail dot com
    '86 Mustang Coupe - CMC2 34

Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged111 View Post
    This is an excellent point because it may feel reckless, aggressive, or unnecessary to push the car that hard in the beginning but the folks walking away from you are doing just that. Just don't outdrive yourself.
    Understood. Need to push the car from the beginning without overdriving a car I am not familiar with. Appreciate the guidance.

Senior Member Rookie 64GunPilot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by babablackgoat View Post
    Greatly appreciated. But cannot make ECR due to prior engagement. See y'all at Hallett.

Although would be a good idea to attend a non-NASA HDPE such as TDE or Chin or something between now and then. Would be beneficial to have a more experience CMC driver come by to get me started on the real deal. Nothing scheduled. Just a thought.
    Also try APEX driving academy. I went with them in January to give my car a good shake down and knock the rust off after not being on track for a year. Its usually $250 for six 20min sessions in one day with or without instructors. They run at Cresson. https://www.apexhpde.com/
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________
    -Dylan
    3rd Gen CMC Wannabee