Thread: Looking for an 8 bolt flywheel for an SN95 with a 4.6

Looking for an 8 bolt flywheel for an SN95 with a 4.6

My junkyard motor arrived, but now I'm in need of a flywheel. My old one is a 6 bolt. The new motor is an 8 bolt. And it came off of a car with an automatic, so it didn't come with a usable flywheel.

Whaddya got?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Your old engine is a Romeo and the new one is a Windsor. The Windsor engines have 8 flywheel bolts and pressed on cam gears where the Romeo engines have six flywheel bolts and bolt on cam gears. My current engine is a Windsor with Romeo heads.

Here is a good place to see the differences. https://lmr.com/products/mustang-46-...or-differences

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    If your junkyard motor didn't come with Mustang GT cams I'd be looking at swapping cams over assuming they're compatible. If not, I'd do a top swap if you didn't trash a head on the old motor.
    RM CMC Director

Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged111 View Post
    If your junkyard motor didn't come with Mustang GT cams I'd be looking at swapping cams over assuming they're compatible. If not, I'd do a top swap if you didn't trash a head on the old motor.
    I'll have to look into that. But in any case, I am probably going to just run this as is to get some experience in the car (and maybe run two events in a row without breaking it). And then I'll see about rebuilding the old motor into something decent. I have two sets of Romeo heads, but out of the 4 camshafts, 3 are trashed. So there's no quick fix.

Got a good deal on a used flywheel, it should arrive by this weekend.