Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4.6 exhaust.....anyone have number comparisons for longtubes vs short tube headers???

To be clear, the car won the national championship. I didn't.

The 2v 4.6 made 260hp, and ran manifolds. Aluminum block Romeo with PI heads and intake manifold. It was down to 250 when I got it, due to a bad roller rocker that flattened a cam lobe.

Quote Originally Posted by fscott View Post
    To be clear, the car won the national championship. I didn't.

The 2v 4.6 made 260hp, and ran manifolds. Aluminum block Romeo with PI heads and intake manifold. It was down to 250 when I got it, due to a bad roller rocker that flattened a cam lobe.
    But what is your torque? It seems the HP number is easy to make in a 4.6 but not TQ. When I got my 2V I was the only 4.6. Now there are several others and people are either 290TQ....or 310TQ and we can't figure out what is different (all are running longtubes).

Quote Originally Posted by t500hps View Post
    But what is your torque? It seems the HP number is easy to make in a 4.6 but not TQ. When I got my 2V I was the only 4.6. Now there are several others and people are either 290TQ....or 310TQ and we can't figure out what is different (all are running longtubes).
    Torque average of the three runs was 289

MustangDynoRuns.jpg
    Last edited by fscott; 04-06-2021 at 03:05 PM.

Thanks, I have the same issue with a iron block. I make 260 HP and my TQ is also around 290. I'm trying to find a way to increase it closer to 310.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by t500hps View Post
    Thanks, I have the same issue with a iron block. I make 260 HP and my TQ is also around 290. I'm trying to find a way to increase it closer to 310.
    Advance the cams?
    RM CMC Director