Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Hallett 2021 - MEGA Grub Thread.... ITTTTTTTTSSSSSSS TIIIIMMMMMEEEE!!!!

Rook comment: Thanks!

Thank you for organizing and cooking. Greatly appreciated. From someone who does not camp a lot, glad I could be one of the "Numerous cash contributors" instead of having to bring food.

Not sure where else to post pictures so posting here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/xSqSg39LuNGstLSW9

Please let me know if need to be moved elsewhere. Some amusing and some not so much but easier to keep all together instead of sorting thru.

Thank everyone so much for support and guidance on my first time out.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Dave and Son -missed Sean this time. Myself and everyone else appreciates the time you put into it and I probably don't realize how much it takes but glad you enjoy doing it.

Unfortunately the success of what you do means more people show up who didn't RSVP, then people who are drive bys invite others on social media and before you know it you could have a catering business going. (That's my idea and I'll take less of a cut than Hallet-lol) Same thing has happened over the years with Midnight Ribs and that's all part of the fun in bringing groups together of course. There is just a limit to the amount available to produce and I don't know how you get around that without either planning to feed the whole complex, having tickets, some system that opened it up to drive bys for leftovers, but maybe someone has a great idea.

I love the thought of brisket for the Hallett workers and I would gladly chip in some money for them or maybe use the gate money to buy a brisket for their staff. My guess is they would like that when the track goes cold and they gather for a drink. Also, want to say I miss Indian and his pickled jars of vegetables and the way he pulled me out of the tire wall. My son didn't get the pleasure to enjoy his company unfortunately but I'll make sure and tell my son about him.

No issues with moving Midnight Ribs around, making it a moving target, keeping it midnight, or whatever. Yeah, it's late and I was tired but it's also part of the experience as no way my son would miss them and I bet he tells his kids about it at some point in the future, too. He tells everyone they are the best and then they ask him what are midnight ribs and he tries to explain-cool.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

If anyone wants my recipe for smoked macaroni and cheese, here it is.
    I tripled the recipe for Hallett, and then saved some back in the freezer after the two foil trays were overfilled.
    If you're in a hurry, you can do the same thing with a Costco macaroni and cheese, and it works almost as well.

16 ounce package elbow macaroni
    ¼ cup butter
    ¼ cup all purpose flour
    3 cups milk
    8 ounces cream cheese, cut into large chunks
    1 teaspoon salt
    ½ teaspoon black pepper
    2 cups extra sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
    2 cups Gouda cheese shredded
    1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
    (Optional) 1 jar of green chili sauce

1. Load the wood tray with one small handful of wood chips and preheat the smoker to 225° F.

2. Cook pasta according to package instructions. In a medium saucepan, melt butter, and whisk flour into the butter. Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes, until sauce is bubbly and thick. Whisk in milk and bring to a boil. Cook 5 minutes until thickened. Stir in cream cheese until mixture is smooth. Add salt and pepper.

3. In a large bowl, combine 1 cup Cheddar, 1 cup Gouda cheese, Parmesan cheese, pasta, and cream sauce. Spoon mixture into an 11 by 9 ½-inch aluminum roasting pan coated with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle top with remaining Cheddar cheese and Gouda cheese.

4. Place in smoker and cook 2 hours at 225° F, until brown, bubbly and delicious.