Thread: help with bump steer kit

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

help with bump steer kit

When I ran out of talent and hit Dan on Sat. I bent the inner tie rod and the rod end part of the bump steer kit. I had a new SVE kit in my spares. The issue is the new kit has all right hand thread rod ends but the bent one I needed was left handed (left handed where the rod end goes and right handed where the inner tie rod goes). I borrowed an rod end from John and it had left handed threads so it worked perfect. If I use the new bump steer kit when you try and adjust the toe the aluminum adjuster will move the same on the inner tie rod and on the rod end. The only way I see to use the new kit is the take off the rod end every time you want to make an adjustment. An I looking at this wrong?

JJ

Senior Member Grass-Passer Wade's Avatar
    You should have a left and a right set in your spare kit. Maybe they bagged it incorrectly. Send it back and re-order? Maybe order from Maximum Motorsports.
    '86 Mustang Coupe - CMC2 34

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade View Post
    You should have a left and a right set in your spare kit. Maybe they bagged it incorrectly. Send it back and re-order? Maybe order from Maximum Motorsports.
    So I don't understand but the guy at LMR said you are correct and since I purchased this in 2018 I was SOL. I ask him to talk to his supervisor. The supervisor said they sold about twenty sets back in 2018/209 that were boxed wrong and they will make it right.
    SVE is a store brand of LTM. I did not know that.

Thanks Wade!

JJ

Blog Entries
    Got in the replacement SVE bumpsteer kit and again it has two right handed rod ends and both aluminum spacers are right hand thread. I watched every video on installing these kits and no one ever says anything about a left handed rod end. All I know is that mine has the left handed threads on one side and so does John's. Not sure how you adjust toe without removing the rod end with all right handed threads.

JJ

Just got off the phone with them. I don't know how my car and Johns has the left hand thread rod end for one side but I was told not to use the rod ends of the BS kit as an adjustment just adjust the inner tie rod. Oh well.
    Last edited by ShadowBolt; 04-26-2021 at 02:50 PM.