Thread: Aluma Trailer

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged111 View Post
    Think about your tow vehicle too: do you need to tow in 3rd like Dave to keep from grenadine the transmission? Also, a locked converter = a cool, happy transmission.
    Fortunately since R/T has secondary transmission cooler. If overworking my transmission, I reckon I will feel it and will adjust.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by babablackgoat View Post
    Fortunately since R/T has secondary transmission cooler. If overworking my transmission, I reckon I will feel it and will adjust.
    You can hear if it's locked or not. I was returning from Hallett a jillion years ago and found myself unlocked in 4th in some crosswind for like 15 minutes. When I finally looked down the trans (not a 4L60) was rocking out at like 230! I pulled it back to 3rd, let lock, and the temp dropped like a rock. Just gotta keep an ear open for it.
    RM CMC Director

Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged111 View Post
    You can hear if it's locked or not. I was returning from Hallett a jillion years ago and found myself unlocked in 4th in some crosswind for like 15 minutes. When I finally looked down the trans (not a 4L60) was rocking out at like 230! I pulled it back to 3rd, let lock, and the temp dropped like a rock. Just gotta keep an ear open for it.
    Ah. I will go thru the menus to find transmission temp. Should be in there somewhere.

I am familiar with the partial lock from the built 4L60 for the GTO. Occasionally would come unlocked in the middle of a corner. Not a big deal after is happened a couple of times. But at least I know about for towing so to keep an eye out.