Thread: Double Yellow - Future Speeds Behind the 88/39

Hybrid View

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 64GunPilot View Post
    I think my engine bottom end blew out for a reason during test n tune, so I wouldnt have been the cause of this incident (could have easily been me). Glad everyone was ok.

Can someone narrate start to finish and show video of exactly what happened maybe from #88 and from #39? How was Brian involved and why was he suspended vs Dave? I am piecing it all together but there are missing pieces here. Trying to learn from this so this isn't me in the future plowing into you guys.
    Dylan,
    From the DQ/Suspension prospective, Brian was DQ'd and Suspended for at fault contact with damage during a double yellow. Since he hit Dave, he was at fault. As the RD, I have the ability to penalize both of the in addition to what was done for overdriving the double yellow but what they are having to sort out with car damage was penalty enough in my eyes.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Rookie 64GunPilot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marshall_mosty View Post
    Dylan,
    From the DQ/Suspension prospective, Brian was DQ'd and Suspended for at fault contact with damage during a double yellow. Since he hit Dave, he was at fault. As the RD, I have the ability to penalize both of the in addition to what was done for overdriving the double yellow but what they are having to sort out with car damage was penalty enough in my eyes.
    Ok so under a double yellow, Dave and Brian one behind the other crested the hill WOT and saw a line of slow cars and slammed on the brakes passing some and then Dave getting rear ended by Brian? Was there any other contact with other cars in that sequence of events?

Is the damage enough to buff out with some dent pullers? Or is major frame bending repairs required?

What about Daniel, on the lap before, how did he end up in the tire wall? (Pure curiosity).
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________
    -Dylan
    3rd Gen CMC Wannabee