Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Double Yellow - Future Speeds Behind the 88/39

Senior Member Rookie 64GunPilot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    I don't have video from my car which is the RED/WHT/BLU 88 (my "preferred" number is 39, we just haven't relabled the car). We found both battery cables loose at the battery and think that even though the camera turned on in grid, once I restarted the car there was enough fluctuation to kill the camera.

From the video that was posted, imagine you are driving the camera car and at 19:29, you crest the hill and the car in front of you is only doing 20-30mph, versus the 80-90 of the last lap. Pretty much what I saw - a car, no brake lights on, realized it was going much slower than I was, and initiate evasive action.

Part of my observation is that the flag station track left at the top of the hill, say 19:26 in the video could have had a waving yellow.

Does that help?
    I understand what happened now. Thanks for explaining in simple terms a guy like me can understand.

How bad was the damage?
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________
    -Dylan
    3rd Gen CMC Wannabee

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 64GunPilot View Post
    How bad was the damage?
    Ish.

We cut the outer panel of the quarter off this week. The door opens and closes well. It popped the glass loose from the rear hatch. We'll have to straighten the quarter/door opening panel, pull the rear panel corner a little, and probably porta-power the lower/inner part of the quarter behind the bumper cover where the T-top hole is. We just happen to have a right side rocker/quarter that hadn't made it to recycle yet.

I think less of an effort than the radiator core support and strut tower replacement from the last work.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!