Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Pittsburgh this weekend.........24 cars and counting :)

  1. #1

    Pittsburgh this weekend.........24 cars and counting :)

    I know it's a haul but some of us are towing 10-11 hours so what the hell...COME ON! We still have a couple stragglers not signed up yet but as of right now there are 24 CMC cars signed up for Pitt Race (Mid Atlantic and Great Lakes combined). Track is great and the people are a blast!

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by t500hps View Post
    I know it's a haul but some of us are towing 10-11 hours so what the hell...COME ON! We still have a couple stragglers not signed up yet but as of right now there are 24 CMC cars signed up for Pitt Race (Mid Atlantic and Great Lakes combined). Track is great and the people are a blast!
    Wow, that's awesome. I need a better tow rig to make those types of hauls.

    - Josh
    CMC #50

  3. #3
    Senior Member Rookie 64GunPilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Killeen, TX
    Posts
    195
    Dang!! Thats a 21hr of straight driving 70mph not including fuel, food, and bathroom stops. I'd totally do it if the job would let me......and wasnt in the middle of an LS swap.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________
    -Dylan
    3rd Gen CMC Wannabee

  4. #4
    Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    1,116
    Man. Gonna be a whole mess of cheater Fords at that race!
    RM CMC Director

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged111 View Post
    Man. Gonna be a whole mess of cheater Fords at that race!
    Only if they win right? LOL

  6. #6
    For those of you coming out to the Eastern Time Zone ...
    If you have issues with your tow rig or trailer, contact me.
    Can't promise I can drop everything instantly but my daily schedule is pretty flexible.
    I moved to Dover, Ohio in 2018. I hung out with the CMC Orange Is Fast guys (Richardson #15 and Francis #39/#88) for several years.
    I know my way around a few tools and have a shop at my property (Sorry, no lift. Yet.)
    Happy to help if there's a crisis and you're "near"; which I'll call being within 3-4 hours drive of my house.
    cell: 8 three two nine 22 thirty-seven 44
    Drive safe!
    Scott James
    --
    ------__o
    -----_\ <,_
    ----(_)/ (_)
    Laissez les bons temps rouler

  7. #7
    Junior Member Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Eureka, Il
    Posts
    28
    Scott James, you should stop out and watch some racing. Pitt is less than two hours from Dover.
    Bob
    Bob Denton
    CMC #67
    Great Lakes Region

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Den34 View Post
    Scott James, you should stop out and watch some racing. Pitt is less than two hours from Dover.
    Bob
    Guess I should look up where the Pitt track is from my house.
    Mid-Ohio is about 90 minutes from my house.
    Not as much fun to go when you don't know anyone.
    Half the fun is hanging out with friends after the track goes cold.
    --
    ------__o
    -----_\ <,_
    ----(_)/ (_)
    Laissez les bons temps rouler

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by 39PitCrew View Post
    Guess I should look up where the Pitt track is from my house.
    Mid-Ohio is about 90 minutes from my house.
    Not as much fun to go when you don't know anyone.
    Half the fun is hanging out with friends after the track goes cold.
    Then you REALLY should come hang out with this group...........as long as you have thick skin! LOL

    Seriously. Dover is 79 miles from Wampum PA. Part of the reason the Mid Atlantic group goes to so much trouble for this trip is because we enjoy/get along with the Great Lakes guys so well. The banter/abuse we sling in the paddock is hilarious however if a car is out of commission then it's all hands on deck getting it running (I know the GL guys do the same).

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by t500hps View Post
    Then you REALLY should come hang out with this group...........as long as you have thick skin! LOL

    Seriously. Dover is 79 miles from Wampum PA. Part of the reason the Mid Atlantic group goes to so much trouble for this trip is because we enjoy/get along with the Great Lakes guys so well. The banter/abuse we sling in the paddock is hilarious however if a car is out of commission then it's all hands on deck getting it running (I know the GL guys do the same).
    Sounds very much like the Texas and Rocky Mountain region guys.
    The Summer Shootout at Hallett was always a blast.
    While the distance to Pitt is only about 80 miles, it's mostly secondary state or county roads so still a two hour drive.
    I will never be a W2W race driver; but I'm strongly considering getting the gear to do some DE days with my car.
    --
    ------__o
    -----_\ <,_
    ----(_)/ (_)
    Laissez les bons temps rouler

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •