Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ECR, December 2021

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar

ECR, December 2021

Registration is open for ECR for the last event of 2021!! I am itching big time to get back on track with Hallett feeling so long ago!! Who is planning to go?
    Last edited by cjlmlml; 10-26-2021 at 02:02 PM.
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty View Post
    Registration is open for ECR for the last event of 2021!! I am itching big time to get back on track with Hallett feeling so long ago!! Who is planning to go?
    Have not touched or even looked at the 55 since Hallett. I'm going to pull it into the garage tomorrow and see how much work is needed.

Jerry

Thinking about it, have not raced there yet.

What’s the paddock situation? I’ve only been with TDE, so we have spots at the grid.

Josh
    CMC #50

Bring a pit bike. The main paddock is at the bottom of a big hill.
    They've been expanding the paddock, it's bigger every time I'm there. You can see the lower "fork shaped" paddock on google maps. There's additional graveled area just south of that. And the upper paddocks, to the west of the fork, has also been expanded significantly.

Tow rigs and rvs generally take the lower paddock, letting the drive-in cars take the upper paddock.

They usually designate a zone for CMC and another one for Spec Miata. That way you know where to go for BBQ, and where to go for a good haircut and pedicure.

EDIT: They lock the clubhouse not long after the track goes cold. If you want to get a shower, get it done during the daytime or immediately after your last session. You can also use my RV's shower, but there's a camera, and you'll wind up on my OnlyFans page.
    Last edited by fscott; 10-24-2021 at 10:50 AM.

I am not going to make it. Cannot find the right part for the steering rack. Got one more I can try.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by babablackgoat View Post
    I am not going to make it. Cannot find the right part for the steering rack. Got one more I can try.
    Just crazy... surely we can figure this out in the next couple of weeks... or just rebuild the rack???
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    Just crazy... surely we can figure this out in the next couple of weeks... or just rebuild the rack???
    car-parts.com
    CMC #50

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sook View Post
    I'll go look... I think he's sourced 3 diff part numbers from O'Reilly. We did a first LT rack return for an LS rack... that shaft was too big for the column, and I think he's exchanged that one too. It's been much harder than it should have had to be...
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    I'll go look... I think he's sourced 3 diff part numbers from O'Reilly. We did a first LT rack return for an LS rack... that shaft was too big for the column, and I think he's exchanged that one too. It's been much harder than it should have had to be...
    Hm, We had done an LS rack into an LT column for #82. I don't recall having to do anything funky, but I may have gotten the lower part of the column from the junkyard when I bought the subframe and associated parts. I did see a few local LS cars on car-parts earlier today when I looked.

Josh
    CMC #50

Member Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Sook View Post
    Hm, We had done an LS rack into an LT column for #82. I don't recall having to do anything funky, but I may have gotten the lower part of the column from the junkyard when I bought the subframe and associated parts. I did see a few local LS cars on car-parts earlier today when I looked.

Josh

Steering shaft is unlimited in the rules, can you just get a rack and make a shaft with aftermarket u joints?