Quote Originally Posted by marshall_mosty View Post
If everyone is okay, I'd like to designate the excess dues to defray the cost of the Hallett grub.
Ok... back at the ranch and caught up on a little sleep and hydration. I'll update the first thread too so it's all in one place.

I call it a success; as far as I know (haven't heard any differently) everybody got enough food... as well they should have given what we cooked, save the Mosty smoker trying to kill me in the middle of the night, I guess because I'm a Camaro guy... who knows???

Rough stats:
Pork butts went on around 8 or 9 Thursday night to cook roughly 11 hours. Briskets went on around 6 on Friday night, and one of them was done at 6:30 in the morning. About 65-70lbs. of mesquite pellets and 2.5 or so batches of Rub 2.0. If you're keeping track at home - Salt Lick regular and spicy sauce for the pork, and Stubbs Sticky Sweet and Sweet Heat for the ribs.

Friday dinner / 30 folks / @20lbs pork / slaw / sauce / buns / tortillas / tater salad / chips [Thanks Russell for a pork shoulder]
Saturday dinner / 50 folks / 45lbs brisket / 10lbs pork / 5lbs beans-sausage / jalapeno dip / buffalo chicken dip / Galactic Nannner Puddin' Bar / chips / cookies / etc.
Midnight Ribstm / 40 folks / 7 racks / leftover brisket-pork butt

Numerous benefactors over the weekend - thank you for your generosity, at this point I'm pretty sure the food/pellet bill is covered. BUT... if some of the invited guests ask, holler at me and I can get you a PayPal email if they want to throw in.

Last... NO BRISKET FOR YOU 1 YEAR! Daughter gets married next year so not sure I'll make Hallett. Sean cooks better than me anyway.