Thread: #48 Fire Repair Guidance

Hybrid View

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged111 View Post
    I feel your pain here all too much. Have you thought about 98-02 V6 lines? It has a fuel return and the same 3/8 5/16 setup as the LT. They are routed the same as an LS1 too. I think that's what's going onto my car next. That plastic line is nothing but trouble. Once a fire starts, the line goes and just keeps feeding the fire.
    Yeah I heard about yours, too. Sounds like the LS and V6 lines are almost the same. The LS has 3/8 feed and a 5/16 return which is really just the evap. Plastic would still be from the pump to the filter for both feed and return. I'll upload a picture tomorrow.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    The LS has 3/8 and 5/16 in the engine bay, yes, but to/from the tank is a bit different with the filter/regulator in tank/return splice. If the early LS cars had a return and canister then that changes things. Do you have donors available or are you planning a junkyard run?
    RM CMC Director

Blog Entries
    I have LS lines from donor and already have them mocked on the car. For the 3/8 from the tank there is a T fitting before the filter that I will need to plug or have a regular straight through connector. The 5/16 line goes from the filter area towards the tank but makes a 90 in the area it would connect to the LT plastic line. I Think I can just straighten that 90 some or put another bend in it so it will connect to the plastic return line.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Blog Entries
    See if this works from my phone.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Blog Entries
    Here is the 5/16 return lines that need to be connected.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Blog Entries
    This is the 3/8 feed fitting before the filter that goes back to tank which I wouldn’t need. So either plug or new fitting to connect
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

I don't know if it helps you any but I have a spare LT fuel line set. I can bring it to Hallett