I'm not currently a CMC competitor so I'm not going to officially submit anything but I would like a couple of CMC rules looked at:

1) Hood gutting. If (when) you forget your hood pins and your hood flies up, a gutted hood is more likely to fold over the roof of the car with minimal damage while a stock hood is guaranteed to smash your windshield and probably end your weekend. It's a free mod that can reduce cost and is possibly a safety issue.

2) Droppable and non-droppable points finishes for the season championship. Currently, any technical infraction is a non-droppable zero while a driving infraction is a droppable finish for season points. On the surface this seams alright. But, if you came across the scales 1 lb. under (maybe because you lost a part on track) you are labeled a CHEATER and your season is effectively over. If you intentionally punt your main competitor off the track (and make it look like an accident) so that he can't score a good finish, you can drop that race and are still good for the championship.

Richard P.