Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Inverted Starts

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    David, the point is if you are racing by yourself, be patient and pass when there is room. No need to risk the car for no reason.

Mike, I'm not advocating inverted starts, nor am I condemning them. Some like it ... some don't. So some of the R2/R4s should be as qualified or finished and some should be inverted.

Compromise ... has that word ever been used on this site before?

Refs, Umps, rocks and #9 don't get in the way on purpose. Sometimes fate, karma or just plain bad luck makes it so. When it does, we all have to just deal with it.

Because, like on the 75 or the 290 ... you be nice and I'll let you in. Be pushy or a turd, you'll have a tougher job.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    i didnt go to Nats to have my pic taken. it was nice that it happened, but not why i went.

i am in CMC to have fun. i'm also here to win. there is no race i have been in that i didnt give 100%. but i dont put my expectation of fun above the expectations of others. we all should be accommodating each other. from your post, its all about what you want.

as for improving, I use myself as a measure of improvement first. I come to the track wanting to do better than I did the last time lap time wise. then I compare that to the others I race w/ to see where I stack up. I set goals each race weekend. so its possible for me to know I'm getting better, even if I have to start dead last each race. by your definition, your faster than the next guy even if his car breaks and you win. I see it as I'm only faster than him if I run a faster lap than him, if I win, then that’s it, I won. does not mean I got faster or that I am better now than the last time.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchntx
    Mike, I'm not advocating inverted starts, nor am I condemning them. Some like it ... some don't. So some of the R2/R4s should be as qualified or finished and some should be inverted.

Compromise ... has that word ever been used on this site before?
    I understand Mitch. I'm sure Todd will step in and help us get perspective and a decision will be made on the topic. However I think this is a case of flip-flopping that Adam was referring to.

Didn't we go away from full inverts becuase of a problem earlier in '06? Wasn't "safety" involved in the reasoning?

I seem to recall some contact and complaints, a compromise was worked out and we no longer did full field inverts. Now we go back to how it was because?? Fun??? Skills???

i am in CMC to have fun. i'm also here to win. there is no race i have been in that i didnt give 100%. but i dont put my expectation of fun above the expectations of others. we all should be accommodating each other. from your post, its all about what you want.

No, it is not all about me. Why should I sacrifice my car for your fun? Sounds like those who don't spend much on their car want those who did to sacrifice it. Find your fun at someone else's expense.

Yeah, I spent money on my car.

Look! Unless you can prove to me that CMC has not caused more incidents on track than AI/AIX, my mind is set. Fully inverted starts suck!!!!!!!!

This is the only subject I have bitched about in the past. I am completely opposed to inverted starts. Especially because CMC driver's have caused more wrecks in this series than anyother class.

How to become a CMC driver:
    1. Buy cheap ass POS
    2. Get a provisional license
    3. Let's stick them out on the track ASAP and fill the field
    4. Look the other way when rookie driver goes off track 5 times in one lap

That is what is going on with CMC. Deny it. Get pissed, but it is the truth.

And yeah, I was allowed to race after having been out on the track 3 x's my entire life. Was in over my head? Yep. Luckily the field was much smaller back then. I grew with the series. Things are different now. Much different.

Clint Eastwood qoute, "A man has to know his limitations."

There are those who are out on the track who either don't know their limitation or won't admit them.

This is a non-negotiable topic to me. There is no compromise.

David

Blog Entries
    i dont think anyone in any official capacity has talked about accually going to anything. this is all just "talk" and opinions @ this point.

as far as i know we will still be running R2&4 as inverted w/ in class based on finish. i do not think inverted based on qual is the right thing to do. i think safety is a good reason to not invert the whole field.

did i just flip flop? :?

we could grid by age, height, car number, weight, weight of car, so on and so on. i think Kowlyphorya does some races this way. OH/IN does not invert any races.
    it wouldnt matter, someone will not be happy. i'm old, i'm young, i'm fat, i'm skinny, my car is a pig, my car is light, my car number is XXX. there is always someone who feels they are being put @ a disadvantage, even when its random. once we all agree no "one is out to get anyone", and that we all feel the decisions are being made based on the best for ALL involved the better off we will be. a decision has to be made, someone will make it. those are givens.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchntx
    David, the point is if you are racing by yourself, be patient and pass when there is room. No need to risk the car for no reason.
    Not every race will I be by myself. What am I supposed to then? Let my competition go because CMC wants fully inverted starts. Look at what you are asking me to do, all because you want "fun." (Watching wrecks or being involved in wrecks.)

Fully inverted starts suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any question on where I stand on this subject?

And why did Richard Pedersen bring the topic up in the first place? You are not even racing anymore.

once we all agree no "one is out to get anyone", and that we all feel the decisions are being made based on the best for ALL involved the better off we will be. a decision has to be made, someone will make it. those are givens.
    [/quote]

I don't think anyone is out to get me. I am just trying to nip this topic in the bud.

Fully inverted starts suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is my opinion and I am sticking to it. The only thing that will change is the more explanation marks. I like holding that key. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

It's fun and takes skillz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Garbage

How to become a CMC driver:
    1. Buy cheap ass POS
    2. Get a provisional license
    3. Let's stick them out on the track ASAP and fill the field
    4. Look the other way when rookie driver goes off track 5 times in one lap

That is what is going on with CMC. Deny it. Get pissed, but it is the truth.

David
    I think you just described how you got started ... other than #1

I'm not pissed, David. It appears you are getting there, though.

Blog Entries
    sorry if my last post was taken as being directed to you DA, it was not, but to the group.

also, if fully inverted, your in-class cars will be behind the CMC cars just as you. so there will not be a disadvantage that you have that you comp does not have too.