EV has asked me to post this for him since he can not post in here.

DD

###########################

Dear all,

I’d like to take a moment to apologize to the group as a whole for my actions surrounding very controversial subjects that have been posted. I went too far and proceeded to personally attack well known and respected members of the racing community. For this, I do apologize and ask for forgiveness.

It is without a doubt a highlight of my life to have been a part of this racing community from its inception in Texas. I only wish good things for the group and individuals as they traverse the ladder of success so they may be very happy in their endeavors.

Passion and competitiveness are great traits, but if one or both of those over rides good judgment then it could lead to a detrimental and unproductive outcome. The time has come to back off and let the community leaders take charge in steering this group towards bigger and better things.

No one asked me to write this letter. After conversing with well known members of the community (thanks Mr. Donovan) to help straighten the crooked road and to follow the path of good will towards other’s it seemed appropriate to put these thoughts in words and express them to those that might not understand the behavior.

I wish NASA TX nothing but the best and good luck.

Sincerely,

Eric F. Varner

###########################