Glad it worked out for ya David!! (as well as all things considered)

Reminds me of a time back in the day (1997)....

Newberry County - South Carolina

Vehicle - 1988 Mustang (Red, Supercharged, dark windows and drag lites all the way around)

On the way back from Columbia with a co-worker (5' 1" blonde doing school work in the passenger seat). Come over a hill and see a state trooper pulled over but no lights on. Couldn't move over due to traffic.. so, I slowed down and moved a little towards the center.

Checked rearview mirror - trooper is in traffic and now in the fast lane gaining speed about 1/4 mile back. Checked mirrors again and he's about 300' back and coming up fast. I wasn't speeding (really) as I came up on him the first time.

Trooper flies by at over 100mph and he's gone. No emergency lights on either.

A couple miles down the road - coming over another hill. Trooper is parked on the shoulder (really close). Door swings open as I'm about 75yds from him. I move over to the left lane and wondering what the heck is going on. The door shuts and he takes off with all lights on now.

Co-worker asks "what's going on?". My reply - "no idea". Trooper pulls right up on me. #@$%

Window down - he walks up to the passenger side window!! He then checks out my co-worker (who is still working on a college paper) and asks for the usual stuff. Then informs me that it's a 6pt violation to change lanes without using an indicator.

He asks me to come back to the rear of my vehicle. About 30seconds later two more troopers show up and I'm surrounded. Yes, he actually writes me a ticket. I politely ask directions to the court house and if he could change the date to when I was going to be back down in Columbia in two weeks.

Fast forward - I show up at the court house ready to go at it due to the bogus ticket. The receptionist (bless the 60yr old woman) asked what I was there for and I told her. In a horrified look she said I might want to reconsider it and only look down when talking to the judge and to only say "I need help with this your honor" when he asks. She went on to say that if I still wanted to fight the ticket that I would be spending the night there and possibly longer.

With head bowed - I asked the judge for help to keep the ticket off my clean record, so with a whack of the gavel.. I was back the cashier. I paid the $300 (could have been over $1,000) court cost and the ticket never showed up on my record.

Be really careful if you are in Newberry County.....

I have another true story just as bad from the same County that happened two months later if you all are interested...