A good friend is doing a shoe drive in order to get as many pairs of gently used/new shoes for the charity Soles 4 Souls. Please read below and help out if you can. Thank you!

About Soles 4 Souls:
Soles4Souls is a Nashville-based charity that collects shoes from the warehouses of footwear companies and the closets of people like you. The charity distributes these shoes free of charge to people in need, regardless of race, religion, class, or any other criteria. Since 2005, Soles4Souls has given away over 7 million pairs of new and gently worn shoes (currently donating one pair every 9 seconds.) The shoes have been distributed to people in over 125 countries, including Kenya, Thailand, Nepal and the United States. http://www.soles4souls.org/

SO! I am hosting a “shoe drive” that will be reaching out to churches in Houston, Pearland, Sugarland, Deer Park, and Tomball as drop off locations for shoes (and hopefully others.) I am doing whatever possible to coordinate different events and ways to collect shoes. If you could reach out to the racers of NASA and have them bring as many pairs of shoes that they are willing to donate, that would be great! They can be any sizes and types (even heels as I was told that they too have job interviews!), as long as they are lightly worn and in good enough condition to give to another. I will be at the Hallett track and will collect them all. So tell em to dig deep into their closets. Their old shoes might be another person’s first pair! A little incentive…whoever brings shoes is guaranteed a bowl of blueberry crunch dessert! :wink:
Also I will be planning another event like the last crawfish boil we threw at David Love’s as a way to collect shoes…more info on that in about a month.