Must be your sparkling personality. :wink:

I know I tried to get a set and couldn't get the time of day.

Edit:
I've gotten a couple PMs and e-mails asking what my issues were. So, I'll post what my experience was.

First of all, Jeff, with all due respect, making and maintaining contact with AST was my issue. So taking it off-line, from my experience, is futile.

When the AST folks came to ECR last fall, I met him, shook his hand and told him I needed a set of rear shocks. He nodded politely and then went on about his way.

Then later on, I think Jeremiah posted a link for some "Camaro" shocks.

I e-mailed AST asking what years they fit. The response was "Camaro". That's it.

So I e-mailed again asking specifics about 3rd gen or 4th gen fitment, valving and stroke. His response was "Like Jeff Wirtz's car."

Again, I e-mailed back that I wasn't comfortable debriefing a competitor on his set up. Response was "No longer available."

So I tried on two different occasions to buy shocks from AST. I just got the vibe that I wasn't on his priority list. That concerned me because shocks don't last forever and need servicing ever couple years. What kind of follow-up service could I expect based upon my atempt at initial purchase?

I do hope that this is AST growing pains. The series needs more suppliers as these platforms are starting to get long in the tooth.

But my experience has been anything but

7.33.6 Any non-remote reservoir shock absorbers, of any origin, that are readily available to the public from a retail source for less than $800 a pair may be used provided they attach to the OEM stock unmodified mounting points and do not alter the stock geometry, with the exceptions outlined in 7.33.8 below.
If AST can't or won't supply a shock for a 4th gen, then please tell me and this is a moot point.