Not getting any replies on this in the CMC forum. I raced with several of you at the 2011 Summer Shootout so hope you're all cool with me picking your brains about this. I'm stumped and few others I've hit up are as well.

My car: 98 Mustang with 4.6 SOHC with PI heads.

At the end of both races last Saturday and Sunday (about 95 degree ambient temp and crazy humidity), my engine would basically lose power / sputter, in 3rd gear around 4500 rpm's late in both races (about the 30 minute mark). Oil pressure was good (about 50) and water temp was about 210 - 215.

Did not happen either day during warm up or qual (stayed out for the full 20 minutes every time), nor early or mid way through the races. Only at the end of each race after being out there for 30 minutes (and later in the day - higher ambient temp then warm up and qual). Other than that, the engine ran very well all weekend.

Am racing again next weekend (July 14th & 15th) and want to know if all the above could have literally been because of the heat.

If not, any suggestions on what to check and/or change ? Fuel Filter ? Fuel Pump?

Thanks

Greg
CMC #36 MW region
98 Mustang