Glenn, my point is that CMC racers as a whole should not want to let ANY sort of engine tear down. head removal, or what ever you want ot call it creep into the series - PERIOD! EVER! - either at the nationals or the regional races! This type of rule is NOT the solution to the perceived problem of drivers of certain model/engine combos possibly having to bend the rules to get in the ball park of the class power to weight ratio that other model/engine combos seemingly have no trouble doing?

I don't even currently have a complete CMC car, so it's got nothing to do with me being worried about whether there is anything on my car that may prompt a head being removed - it has everything to do with the fact that as a CMC racer, I never want to have to face the prospect of pulling any part of my engine apart after a race meeting, and I personally beleive that it is contrary to the spirit of the class.

To think that if a rule like this is introduced that no one has anything to worry about if they are legal is just plain naive - if a rule exists, it is only a matter of time before someone uses or abuses it!

DC

Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70
Daron, is it your opinion that there will be a hat w/ names drawn from it that will determin who gets a head pulled?
will it be the top 5?
will it be those who run faster lap times than the directors?
or will it be those who's inspections raise more questions than they answer? i think if anyone is asked to remove a head (which is what the problem is here), they will more than likely already have a pending DQ looming over their head. this will just be a last chance effort to make sure they are making the right call.
i do not think they will pull a head in an effort to find something to DQ anyone over.
what is it on your car / a car that your worried will lead to a head removal?
i'm gonna assume that my view is correct on this - that no heads will be removed unless there are things found that leads them to do so. not just a random thing.
Tony????