Thread: Texas Mustang Challenge Review 2016/2015

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    Before the RRs, and before the then current version of the RA1s you could, as I remember it, literally run competitively the entire season on 6-8 tires, flipped and well managed as long as they stayed round. One of the reasons I bought a tire machine - I counted up close to $300 worth of tire stuff I needed done.
    I am asking, not trying to create controversy. I ran my RA1's in the on and off rain at Cresson this season. They are not shaved and 3 years old, run only one other time in the rain. When the track started to dry out they were noticeably slower than the RR's and looked pretty ripped up after one stint in the semi-dry. The current RA1 is 40 utqg same as the RR and they are no cheaper.

I don't begrudge the guys able to run at the front for going out on new, free rubber that they have won.
    To the victor belong the spoils. I was grateful to get some of the McSpadden's scrubs. It let me work on the driver and setup in practice without wringing my hands about using expensive new tires for training.
    Last edited by dtanker65; 10-30-2016 at 08:05 PM.