Thread: Jordan Motorsports MSRC weekend

Threaded View

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Jordan Motorsports MSRC weekend

As you have seen in another thread Jay was passing Dan for the lead in R1 and we had a little issue. In this race Jay posted the fastest lap of the weekend for CMC (1:23.3) as far as I know. After this we had a broken AST strut (what a POS) lower ball joint fell out, brand new wheel torn up, right fender torn all to hell, another front bumper cover gone, inner tie rod bent, bump steer end link bent ..... I bought a stock strut and Dan welded in the ball joint. John was nice enough to let us borrow half of a bump steer kit. I did a halfass toe adjustment and did not touch the caster/camber. Jay qualed P1 Sun. morning with BL P2 right behind him by a tenth or less. That was Team Jordan's first pole in a Toyo race and BL's first front row start. Jay got a poor start (spun the tires) and BL was gone. Halfway through the race BL was pulling away by about 10 car lengths and driving an almost perfect race (he did not go off tack even once......yet). Finally due to a very slow and very dangerous Legends car (the CMC leaders lapped him three times) Jay was able to get even with Bryan and out brake him going into Rattlesnake. BL locked the brakes up and slid off track left. Now Jay had to hold off Dan and Tyler for fifteen minutes. Tyler could not just work on Jay he had to worry about Dan and in some places that would let Jay pull away by four or five car lengths. He did a great job and I'm a proud Daddy! R4 since Jay won I had to start last. Most of the field was sleeping at the start and since I could not even see the flag when Jay yelled "green green green" on the radio I took off. I got by all but two cars by the exit of Big Bend. I had a hard time getting around John Martin but he finally went into Horseshoe a little hard and slid out. We went all the way to Rattlesnake side by side but I had the right side going in so I was able to get by. Then it was just a matter of holding off a faster Tyler for the balance of the race. Tyler had to worry about Dan who kept sticking his nose in so somehow I was able to win R4. I want to thank Tyler who was much faster for racing me so clean. We went through Big Bend several times side by side all the way to Rattlesnake but I never gave up the right side so he could not get around. Hell even Dan and I went through Big Bend side by side and he did not hit me (it was close though and I was told my wife said "oh no, not Dan again" LOL). So other than having a torn up car it was a good weekend. We very well should have won three of the four races and who knows what could have happened in R2 that we did not even make it on track for?

I'm not going to say what changes we made to the car but I can tell you the new engine was not it. We only pulled 250/295 on the Dyno at the track. If the change that made this difference was what I assume it was I feel like a fool for not taking advantage of this sooner. I know most of you always have and I assumed it did not really make that much difference. Maybe that had nothing to do with it and we just got lucky. The part I do not understand is how I can install a stock Auto parts strut on the right side and have the car drive exactly the same as with the AST. We could not tell a difference at all.

JJ
    Last edited by ShadowBolt; 03-13-2017 at 08:48 AM.