Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: "Pit Happens" HALLETT MAY 12th and 13th HMRC

Senior Member Carroll Shelby jeffburch's Avatar
    Richard Painter.
    He is an AI competitor here in Tx.
    Cresson '07 was his 1st event.
    His son will be at the track any day in his new Mustang.
    Has a machine shop in Euless.
    Did mine and GL's motors.
    Has worked with CL as well.
    He lives just minutes from where they broke down.
    Yes, this is a great group. The best.

jb

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Awesome... Kudos to Boudy and Richard.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby jeffburch's Avatar
    Just spoke w/Boudy.
    Painter Cavalry showed up with a dualie AND a 3/4 ton.
    Towed the whole shooting match to the Painter Fort.
    Boudy has the whole FamDamily including Charlie the Dog and are headed South to Austin.
    I hear the trumpet da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-di-da-di-da-daaaaaaa

jb

Senior Member Carroll Shelby

Senior Member Carroll Shelby donovan's Avatar
    I talked with them last night when they were about 5 minutes out, I assume they made it in okay.

Thanks again to Boudy and Richard.

David D.

Senior Member Grass-Passer Boudy's Avatar
    Well, I'm back from Austin. Finished up work early and took in lunch with Corey, Lisa, David, and Jeff. I've always liked the restaurant scene in Austin. Tons of unique non-franchise spots to dine.

We got in at 1:30 am or so (I think) and immediatly crashed. 6:30 came darn early this morning but it was off to school for the kidos and off to work for me. Corey, of course, just snored on to the birds chirping. :lol: :lol:

Boudy

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Glad you made it back. Lisa and I are working on our race report now and sleeping every chance we get.
    Looks like I may have DESTROYED my 6.0 from overheating it. I am going to try and get Ford to eat that stupid piece of SH$T! Anyone know a good lawyer who likes to pick on Auto Manufacturers?

Where to start?
    First of all thanks to everyone who helped us get from the truck of doom, to our warm cozy house again. I was really starting to wonder if we would ever get out of that truck. We left Hallett at about 6 pm Sunday and we were home by today at 2 am
    32 hours for 500 miles. Avg. speed: 15.6 miles per hour. Next time we will be towing with bicycles to try and beat our record.

Special thanks to Jeff Burch for figuring out that Richard Painter lived a few miles away. Richard and his family were amazing and picked us up 5 minutes after they found out where we were. Thank you Richard and crew, you guys are already a perfect fit for the amazing race family we have grown to love. We cannot wait to race with you and your son Michael and hopefully repay the favor at the track. Another lucky twist of fate came when Boudy called and said, “hey I am going to Austin, you need a ride?” Uhhh yes please! Thanks to Boudy for driving all night long to get us home and for going out of your way to pick us all up. Charlie misses your lap too! I think I spoke to every racer throughout this trip and everyone did something to help. What a fantastic group of friends. I would have never believed we could make such great friends in such a short period of time. All of you are true blue, best friends, even our toughest competitors.

As for the “Mother of all Weekends” (thanks Todd for the words); WOW!
    What a blast we had. I have never seen such sportsmanship combined with such passionate driving. The incredible amount of track time we all got was invaluable and so much fun for everyone. For those CO folks, thank you so much for making the trip and you all drove great. With a full year to plot and practice and a firm commitment to come to the 2nd annual Pit Happens, I fear what Colorado might bring to Texas, in Oklahoma next year! Morgan was right about this being some of his best driving to date. I have never seen him drive so ice cold. Very well done! I’ve never been so proud to brag about you being my team mate. I am sorry that you ran into me (uh, woops?) but sure I have never seen anyone more talented with a roll of duct tape! It was like watching an artist at work, all weekend. Mitch you ran like a raped ape all weekend and I’m pretty sure you showed us all how much skill you’ve been sand bagging. The real cat, is now out of the bag! I did feel bad passing you with the ASC pick, but I couldn’t very well let that opportunity pass me by. Your wife Debbie was a pleasure and we all cannot wait for her to come back and play with us. Within hours at the track she jumped right in to make fuel and Wal-mart runs like a pro, decked in pink Hallett racing duds.
    Boudy really showed his stuff in every round, between instructing his daughter Jordan to finish ahead of him and driving a full race with only one gear, he really showed us what he and his car could take! I’m convinced the only thing keeping Boudy from beating us all is his tendency towards flying off the track! (I know a little about that subject). Good ‘ol #3, Jeff Burch was calm, cool and fast as hell---as usual. He had me beat before we even left grid! It was almost cartoon-like to see Burch drive off with such ease while Bev made the whole town ice-cream and his Mom was busy earning the Supporter of the Year award. Who are these people, the Cleavers? Truly though, I look forward to learning more from your calculated driving style and even thinking of retiring my “bull in a china closet” approach that sometimes still plagues me.
    David “aren’t you tired of winning yet?” Donovan ran four superb races with no serious mistakes, except in practice. David and I were screwing around on track when he dropped a wheel and spun in the slippery Oklahoma grass, as he turned around 180 degrees his hatch popped open making for a hysterical show. He kept it going and showed some off-road experience as he slid his way out of the mud. I slowed down as fast as I could, saying out loud “don’t flip, don’t flip, please don’t flip” in my car and watching the show in my rear view. It took several hours for me to look at Dave without laughing. I guess he should get some slack since he had worked all day, driven all night and hit the track as soon as he arrived, making himself available to the first-timers.
    Raybob was a hoot and didn’t hit anything that didn’t hit him first. Good racing, dude. Tommy ran good and car troubles were all that held him and Raybob off of David’s bumper.
    Shane was plagued with car trouble too and replaced a balancer to get back out on track and show some speed, despite his lack of practice time. I love a racer that can fix a car between races and get out there no matter what! He showed dedication and was not willing to give up, even with multiple failures all weekend. Kent kept getting faster and faster all weekend and I enjoyed watching him spin in front of me in his favorite turn 10. Kent, your humble attitude and fun demeanor will ensure that your learning curve will never plateau in this sport. You did a great job out there and I really enjoyed the racing. Morgan will certainly forgive you for helping me pass him. Cody, you kicked ass too. I really enjoyed riding around with you in practice and your Dad was a pillar of optimism all weekend for our group. I predict that you will be “kind of a big deal” in CMC in the very near future. You all need to go to nationals!
    Chris McComb drove like a mad man, racing me when I had throttle trouble, and our cars had identical HP. You ran ice cold for many laps before washing out of one turn and letting me squeeze by you. What a blast! I had more fun in that race with Chris than I had all weekend. Chris will certainly be a top contender when he has more than 200 hp. You and your wife were delightful as always. Rick I really enjoyed you and your wifes company throughout the weekend. I wish I had a Panoz so I could race with you. Thanks so much for the support and fun times. Greg and Stacey don’t be surprised if I show up with an ASC car soon. Looks like a blast and you were lots of fun to hang out with. Corey and Beth were also hilarious and I look forward to hanging out again soon. Richard Schley it was a pleasure meeting you finally and thanks for putting on a show racing Greg. The crowd loves those stock cars. Congrats to Robert and Jackie Henderson for winning almost everything. Great job! Great family! Casey you were a sport and I was pulling for you to win the frozen t shirt contest.
    Special thanks to our sponsor Argent Labs for some super prizes and t shirts. David Donovan won a full set of race radios from Argent Labs for being the most consistent of the weekend. Chris McComb, Raybob and Kent also won MP4 players. Kent won his by removing his t shirt from a block of ice and wearing it before Casey and Richard..
    Thanks to Jeff Brooks for doing a ton of hard work; getting our website up and running so we could get the word out.
    Some more of the most instrumental people were David Donovan, Holly and Stephanie. This crew was just as passionate about this event as us and it showed. Chipping in everywhere they could to help at EVERY opportunity. David put in hours and hours of labor on our cars to get ready and even more hours trying to figure out all the logistics to make sure we stayed on schedule all weekend and kept everyone happy. David doesn’t sleep and I guess he doesn’t need to because he made one hell of a showing on track.
    The powder puff race was very amusing and I have never seen so many nervous racers. Looked like a bunch of cats playing in a rocking chair testing facility. Congrats to Jackie for a great win and to Jennifer Stephens for Second and Jordan Boudy for 3rd. Way to go girls. Stacy , Tracy, Lisa, Beverly Beth and Amber all drove great!

The pit vehicle race had two classes, motorized and pedal powered. The motorized class looked extremely dangerous. Kara cheated…a lot. I am glad I was in pedal powered class. I still ended up on my back with my feet in the air stuck in the pedals. I am sure someone has video. Lisa cheated a lot too. Go figure. Like mom like daughter.
    The Stephens crew and Hallet workers were just as awesome as normal. I cant believe how enrolled everyone is and how much they care about the customer experience. Thank you for being the best I have ever seen.
    To all the families, racers, and crews we extend a very heart felt thank you. We could not have pulled this off without all of your attendance and help. We will absolutely do it again next year. I am so impressed by the caliber of people that showed up at this event and I cannot wait for all the fun at next years event.
    Sincerely
    Corey

Junior Member Rookie
    I would like to thank everyone for making last weekend SO much fun! I enjoyed meeting all of you crazy Texans. I would like to attend the Nationals also with our / your group. I promise I will work on the spinning thing some more, even though I believe I have it mastered! I am getting a Sorry Morgan sticker for my car : D Sorry dude! Corey and Lisa~ great job!!!
    Kent

Thanks Kent. We had a great time too! Dont let Morgan fool you , he had a great time.