Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: need some honest feedback.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    i noticed Tommy55 was the newest registered user on the CMC forums.

Senior Member Rookie Cody Powell's Avatar
    RayBob has a lot of black duct tape on his car, does that count as body work?

You never know with Tommy, his car was pretty beat up after LaJunta and I was trying to talk both of them into CMC, we will see.

I am worried about our little region here as well and how to grow it. The group leader for spec 944 is pretty aggresssive and creative when it comes to promoting his class.

I think they will have between 8-10 cars by the end of the year and some of those guys might have choosen CMC, I think they are pretty similar classes. We only have one maybe two in the pipeline for CMC this year giving us 7. I think there is a misconception that 944 is cheaper, if it is it is not by much.

I would love to make one of your races next year, will you guys do any in the Dallas area? That is about as far as I like to tow.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    Hopefully, there will be 2 or 3 in the DFW area at 2 different tracks.

It looks like I can get some cheatin' bastard seat time at Eagle's Canyon in September ... and get paid for it! 8)

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody Powell

Mitch and JB I sent you guys some PM's on the RM website with no answer, what's up with that. Punks :P

Cody
    Sorry ... I'll answer here.

I agree ... watch out for Corey on and off the track.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby jeffburch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody Powell
    I am worried about our little region here as well and how to grow it. The group leader for spec 944 is pretty aggresssive and creative when it comes to promoting his class.

I think they will have between 8-10 cars by the end of the year and some of those guys might have choosen CMC, I think they are pretty similar classes. We only have one maybe two in the pipeline for CMC this year giving us 7. I think there is a misconception that 944 is cheaper, if it is it is not by much.
    Wow!

4 banger Porch versus 8 cylinders of American Thunder!

Sounds like Cory's Reach Around Racing Club has a Rocky Mountain chapter.

jb

My buisness travel schedule has been the enemy of racing this year. Also, the car buisness is busy during the summer so it's tough to take off sometime.

As far as MSR-H goes, I like it ok, but would rather race there only 2 times per year max. Alvey and Irwin have had work and travel issues but we are all hoping to be at more races in the future. We've got so much work in the cars and haven't had a chance to enjoy them.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis Tanner
    When the Matus' are gone, I'll be back. If they never leave, I won't be back. Simple as that.

Looking forward to Barber.
    Lewis...I appreciate the honest feedback, but I think this is silly.
    I might not agree with the way France is being run, but if I ever get a chance visit the 24 Heures de Le Mans....I'm there!!!

Let's see that Mustang bad-boy on track!
    Swallow your pride!

-=- Todd
    American Iron Series - National Director

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    i too think its trivial to not race for those reasons. theres alot of work in your car for it to just sit so much.
    these things that NASA TX do for us should have no relation to the reasons we race.
    CMC = cheap
    CMC = close competition
    CMC = a really good bunch of guys/gal(s)
    CMC = cheep

none of those things are in the control of those you have issue w/.
    your too good a guy and driver to not be racing w/ the best CMC region in NASA.
    unless this is not really why your not racing w/ us. could it be another reason?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70
    unless this is not really why your not racing w/ us. could it be another reason?
    Fraidy Cat?

Really the problem is he's a closet F-body guy and he doesnt want the rest of the C-C crew to find out... 8)
    Al Fernandez