Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Barber Motorsports Park Oct. 13-14

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Covini

:idea: :idea: :idea:
    Next season let's put a little fun and randomness into it. How about if everyone gets one double points weekend? Roll the dice and that is it? Everyone gets to pick their own before the season? Everyone gets to pick their own after the season? Doesn't matter...as long as everyone has an opportunity, I say throw some gamemanship into it!!! hahaha

-=- T
    What have you been smoking Covini??? There is plenty of ambiguity and randomness in auto racing...no need to add more!

You RA go'ers.....how on earth is a one man crew/driver going to refuel a car in a 60 minute race?!! :shock: Interested in hearing ideas!!!! :lol:

I am actually glad I decided NOT to go...if I ever do I think it will be in HPDE cause you will get a lot more track time than the racers!!!! Yay!
    Ah, fugg it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    i dont want a double points weekend.
    i want to give double points for a 40 minute race that we run in place of 2 20 minute races. you even list it in 2 separate colums just as if we ran 2 races.
    if i win 2 20 minute races i get 200 points for the day. if we run 1 40 minute race in place of the 2 20's i see no problem of keeping the same number of points for the day available - 200 points. there is no disadvantage to those who do not show up as they would have missed the 2 20's for 200 or the single 40 for 200 , it does not matter.

but no double points weekends.

in before the lock. :roll:

Senior Member Carroll Shelby jeffburch's Avatar
    Geez you guys.

DL, there's a thread discussing all there is to do with an enduro and refueling on the SE forums off the NASA website..

The CCR is enforced here and it takes 2 to refuel. One in /5 attire (Amber) and one with a fire extinguisher standing no closer than 7 feet away (Bev).

I will prolly burn a fuel pump up but I'm going for it. We CMC'rs are gonna grid at the very back. I'm gonna loaf till the 40 min mark and then step it up. See what happens. May start from pit row so wont do the warm up lap. Just wanna get my 55 min.
    It's a fun run.
    jb

Senior Member Grass-Passer macstang's Avatar
    Here is my version of the fuel stop during a 60 min race.

22 Gal fuel cell.

If a stop is required, I'll stop and drink water. If fueling is required, Ill hold an empty can to the fuel filler, then get in the car and drink water. We will find out how it works out, its a "fun run" race, we wont even practice or qualify for it.
    Jerry
    Team Warhorse-Bishop/MacNeil
    CMC Mustang #44
    Red 1993 Mustang TTB # 15

>>>>RETIRED-PENDING OVERSEAS TOUR<<<<

David,
    If you're refueling and they are following the CCR endurance rules, make sure you get a drip tray, or carpet or something under the refiller. My experience has been that the penalty for spilling far outweighs the extra time it takes to be careful. (People lose races over spilling.)

-=- T

Senior Member Carroll Shelby jeffburch's Avatar
    Also,

This region is run a little bit more attentively and participants seem to really respect Jim and Julie Pantas.
    The last event is done this way to get a high level of participation (from racers running for points) and to end the season and crown the champs at the big year end banquet.
    Big fun run on Sunday is just the icing on the cake.

Pretty smart in my book.

jb

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Adam Ginsberg's Avatar

:idea: :idea: :idea:
    Next season let's put a little fun and randomness into it. How about if everyone gets one double points weekend? Roll the dice and that is it? Everyone gets to pick their own before the season? Everyone gets to pick their own after the season? Doesn't matter...as long as everyone has an opportunity, I say throw some gamemanship into it!!! hahaha
    Randomness would be a freak'n hoot! AAMOF, it's something we've spoken about since AI/CMC got started in TX. Grid by car number.....highest to lowest or lowest to highest. How about by age? Car weight? Year of car? # of kids in each family? Length of marriage? Pick one!

I am actually glad I decided NOT to go...if I ever do I think it will be in HPDE cause you will get a lot more track time than the racers!!!! Yay!
    Isn't your car for sale anyway?

60min will be a challenge for my 12 gallon cell, but it should work out just right. I'm with JB....let's start from pit lane!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Ginsberg

Isn't your car for sale anyway?
    Reading isn't your fortay is it spinny?! "AFTER the last race of the season"....

Besides, I can't sell it till after the divorce is finalized....I am really starting to hate this shoo didley again...not racing, the Big D.... :cry:
    Ah, fugg it.

Matt,
    It's obvious that your divorce is a mutual agreement.
    Both you and your racing friends think that it's time that she move on.
    :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Bring that AI(X) beast to MSRH and let's have a great season finale'!!!

-=- Todd
    American Iron Series - National Director

Matt,
    It's obvious that your divorce is a mutual agreement.
    Both you and your racing friends think that it's time that she move on.
    :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Bring that AI(X) beast to MSRH and let's have a great season finale'!!!

-=- Todd
    I will be in Houston without a doubt......I have been having fun with the car again and might even do some drag racing with it next weekend!!

In houston I will need to get all the socializing done early. I have to be in Divorce court at 9am on Monday after the race....I will do my best to not be grumpy all weekend but will have to jet out as soon as I can to get home and get some rest. It's starting to get to be a lot of work to stay in front of all you clowns on track!!! :P

And for the record....NOBODY broadcast who the champions are for at least 60 days afterwards! Can't add value to the car once it becomes regional AIX champ!!! :wink:
    Ah, fugg it.