Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: IRBs

Senior Member Grass-Passer oz98cobra's Avatar
    Thanks Todd - this is indeed what I was trying to do here - get some discussion that might help someone else avoid the same scenario in future.

Could I perhaps suggest that in addition to what Todd recommended, that if a series director is aware of body contact involving someone who they think has not been involved in any before, that they seek them out (or have someone do it on their behalf) and remind them of the procedure, make sure they have a form, etc. Ths may help an adrenaline soaked brain remember what they need to do and make the process a little less vague and a little more fair?

I probably wrote too much to make my point in the original post, so my apologies for that.
    Daron
    AI75 DownUnder Racing

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    ....another tip.....racers should run with a videocamera.

The more evidence you have to support your case, the more chances you will have of proving your case.

All good points. Given that our directors tend to also be in the race it is often difficult to get all of the stories fast. I think it would help to establish a process by which the series director gets a copy of preliminary results and all incidents called into control immediately post race. Todd, Clifton, this is something we need to figure out how to improve.

The forms thing is really bad and an action item for me: get contact and RFA forms and keep a big stack in a place that is accessible by anyone in my trailer. That will cut down on the running around.
    Al Fernandez

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    i have a JPG of the Body Contact form / RFA. it will not attach as its too big. email me if you need it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby jeffburch's Avatar
    I always have them.
    Never had to use one before.
    Had a blank check stapled to it just in case.

jb

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Covini

The more evidence you have to support your case, the more chances you will have of proving your case.

SCCA World Challenge has mandated Chase Cams in every car.
    Article 2.9.11.1, p77: Change section to read as follows; “All cars competing in a World Challenge event shall have a digital in-car video camera system from Chase Cam (http://www.chasecam.com).
    Additionally, each team shall provide the series officials with four memory cards (3 – 2 gigabyte memory cards, 1 – 4 gigabyte memory card) to swap between sessions. Each team will own their memory cards, but the series will maintain possession of the four memory cards during the season.

Camera Mounting – The mounting position of one camera will be mandated. The primary camera shall be mounted underneath the upper parallel tube of the main roll hoop. This camera shall point forward and record the track ahead of the car. The camera shall also be centered so that the steering wheel of the car and the entire front windshield are recorded during each on-track session.

Camera Usage
    - The camera must be turned on and recording for every on-track session. Every team shall submit the memory card for each of their cars to the appropriate series official(s) within 30-minutes of the end of each on-track session. The series official(s) will mark down that the card was received for each car, and give the team member a blank card for the next session. Teams may download the video from their car within the allotted 30-minute time frame, but must be sure to not erase the video from the memory card. Teams that do not turn in their memory card(s) within the 30-minute time limit, or that turn in a blank memory card will be penalized. This is to insure that no team is tampering with the video.
    John G.
    www.chicane23store.com
    http://www.chicane23.com/chicane23/i...ane23_ban1.gif

Maximum Motorsports, Griggs Racing, G-Stream Wings, Brembo, Canton, Fuel Safe, Toyo Tires, Hoosier, Koni, StopTechPit Pal, etc.
    2004 & 2005 American Iron series Champion

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by chicane23
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Covini

SCCA World Challenge has mandated Chase Cams in every car.
    Article 2.9.11.1, p77: Change section to read as follows; “All cars competing in a World Challenge event shall have a digital in-car video camera system from Chase Cam (http://www.chasecam.com).
    Additionally, each team shall provide the series officials with four memory cards (3 – 2 gigabyte memory cards, 1 – 4 gigabyte memory card) to swap between sessions. Each team will own their memory cards, but the series will maintain possession of the four memory cards during the season.

Camera Mounting – The mounting position of one camera will be mandated. The primary camera shall be mounted underneath the upper parallel tube of the main roll hoop. This camera shall point forward and record the track ahead of the car. The camera shall also be centered so that the steering wheel of the car and the entire front windshield are recorded during each on-track session.

Camera Usage
    - The camera must be turned on and recording for every on-track session. Every team shall submit the memory card for each of their cars to the appropriate series official(s) within 30-minutes of the end of each on-track session. The series official(s) will mark down that the card was received for each car, and give the team member a blank card for the next session. Teams may download the video from their car within the allotted 30-minute time frame, but must be sure to not erase the video from the memory card. Teams that do not turn in their memory card(s) within the 30-minute time limit, or that turn in a blank memory card will be penalized. This is to insure that no team is tampering with the video.
    Sounds like the Gestapo to me...

:roll:
    Ah, fugg it.

It looks like a really nice system.
    Al Fernandez

Great in theory with the cams, but lets see, 25 in the run group, 18 minutes green flag racing, 2 people to review = 3 hours 45 minutes just to review. Aren't we having enough trouble getting grids and results in a timely fashion? Not to mention if the review is going to be done on a 2.25" LCD.

I agree with video review of contact if it is available, but we will need a process for the video to be reviewed on a larger screen, not just the camera playback screen.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    i think John was just point out how some series require video, and not that we should sit around and watch each one or turn over a copy after each race. just maybe when there is contact.

the chase cam is on my list of things to get.